Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Rotherham (a) - Match Thread

Like the team. 

Clearly trusts McAteer's touch and discipline, so not worried about that. He commented that he liked Wanya, but that we couldn't rely.on him to play every week. I imagine he will be in Tuesdays  squad.

Enzo wants the points and so I think likes Ndidi pressing the opposition high up the pitch. 

Goals for Ndidi and Iheanacho today.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Why the grief on Wilf? He was excellent v Cardiff and midfield collapsed after he went off (a huge tactical blunder by the manager imo.....and yes, I know we scrambled a win)

Because most want Casadei in for him to offer more of a goal threat 

Why the grief on Wilf? He was excellent v Cardiff and midfield collapsed after he went off (a huge tactical blunder by the manager imo.....and yes, I know we scrambled a win)

Because people have agendas and are blinkered

• Like 1

Looking at the squad it looks like the kind of squad we'd play in premier for a cup game, I guess it says we feel we have enough quality to get a comfortable win, be good if our defence looked more convincing today I'm hoping that Justin will get more of a look in and Coady is back sooner than hoped 

Edited by southfox66

6 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

The bloke can’t win. If he plays a load of these players that don’t want to be here and they serve up a rotting performance as they have for the last year then what will be your hot take then?

They’re better off exiled.

Also lowering their value is quite the stretch.

Funny how Southampton have played all their players right up until their sale and have got decent money for them but we shun every single one out to the reserves and let all the buying clubs know we desperately need them gone which will almost certainly lead to majority being loaned out on deadline day

Edited by South Shire Fox

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

3 full backs on the bench :blink:

I assume he sees Castagne as an option if McAteer is struggling, rather than as a FB, he played that spot in preseason.  Which leaves JJ as cover for the CBs, Thomas probably making up the numbers, but might get some time to rest Doyle or even Mavididi?

no grief at all, just surprised to see him starting with Casadei now here and training a good week too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

Like the team. 

Clearly trusts McAteer's touch and discipline, so not worried about that. He commented that he liked Wanya, but that we couldn't rely.on him to play every week. I imagine he will be in Tuesdays  squad.

Enzo wants the points and so I think likes Ndidi pressing the opposition high up the pitch. 

the fact he's dropped out completely must indicate an injury

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree with this. Fantastic that Casadei got the winner but the midfield shape suffered as soon as he came on.

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Are you on drugs?  Our entire bench would probably be a first team player for literally all the championship sides (keepers aside) 

We're an injury or 2 away in midfield, striker or winger to being struggling. 

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Funny how Southampton have played all their players right up until their sale and have got decent money for them but we shun every single one out to the reserves and let all the buying clubs know we desperately need them gone 

Because 1) they’ve been Southampton’s key players, none of our lot that are going are. Hence why we’re gagging to get rid and 2) I would imagine by basic common sense they’ve shown a whole lot more of a better attitude to the cause than the likes of Soumare and Daka have rumoured to have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Like the team. 

All reasonable points, here.  It makes sense having ndidi in there pressing, because they're going to sit deep and maybe our most likely source of a goal is forcing them into mistakes.

Just now, Aleksz said:

Because 1) they’ve been Southampton’s key players, none of our lot that are going are. Hence why we’re gagging to get rid and 2) I would imagine by basic common sense they’ve shown a whole lot more of a better attitude to the cause than the likes of Soumare and Daka have rumoured to have.

Im no fan of Daka, but I just can't accept these rumours he's gone Mardy.

His whole vibe is humble, grateful and honest

• Like 3