Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Rotherham (a) - Match Thread

We are probably 4 short of our first XI with this line up. Coady, Casadei, Akgun and Chair or Fatawu - so feels understandable that we aren't at our fluent and fearless best. 

Love that we've registered 4 goals from homegrown players already this season. Really gives the club a lift I'll bet.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Why are guys slating Mavididi! He’s held the ball up really well, showed good pace and skill, yea he messed up his chance but he’s been fine today. 

Looks like a quality player imo. His first touch, speed and dribbling is class. We are massively lacking in quality in the CAM position though, absolutley **** all seems to come through that. Not convinced Iheanacho will score above 15 this year the amount of time he spends dropping into midfield either. Probably far more suited to the 10 position linking play with an actual striker playing on the shoulder infront of him

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Not convinced about that either, tends to just run into players or attempts a nutmeg. His success rate of take ons must be pretty low.

Successful take ons (fbref) 

Mavididi 82nd percentile (very good) 

Barnes 15th percentile (extremely poor) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

We are probably 4 short of our first XI with this line up. Coady, Casadei, Akgun and Chair or Fatawu - so feels understandable that we aren't at our fluent and fearless best. 

Love that we've registered 4 goals from homegrown players already this season. Really gives the club a lift I'll bet.

I keep thinking about Alves. Surely he’d have featured too if he hadn’t been smashed so horribly last season. Hope he’s back soon. 

Some of the football we have played has been so bright and incisive, frustrating some poor decision making in key areas means we haven’t taken a bigger lead into the 2nd half. 

KDH and Iheanacho should be dominating at this level and yet their touch, decision making and lack of awareness at times is Sunday league. 3 or 4 players coming into key roles and this team will be absolutely flying. 

I really do hope we come out focused in this 2nd half, take the game by the scruff of the neck and put it to bed quickly and comfortably. 

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Well I'll take effective over what we're currently getting lol

Haha yeah that is fair. Barnes is fairly one dimensional, but if you can get him in behind the defensive line on a break or via a quick 1-2 then he is very effective.