Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

One thing I noticed last night are that his runs are very very good. Takes a good, long and calculated run quite often which is opening up space for he and his teammates. Good at keeping the ball and winning it back. Can see why Enzo likes him. Bit of balance if we let Maverickdidi do his thing on the left.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And he's a right footed centre mid lol

It's a funny one isn't it? That #8 spot looks like it could be made for him but do we really want to risk moving him out of a position that he's doing great in? Short term it could be best just to let him do what he's doing but with his work rate and footballing IQ, he could really kick on centrally with AFI or Akgun wide of him. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ben Petty masterclass

10 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Who has played a decent chunk of his football at left wing back as far as I can see! 

I'm not adverse to see players challenged to play in different positions and roles.

Can lead to more rounded player development.

However it could have been by chance rather than design. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not adverse to see players challenged to play in different positions and roles.

Can lead to more rounded player development.

However it could have been by chance rather than design. 

I feel this is why he didn't excel at Forest Green or AFC Wimbledon. Both played him mostly as a left wing back or right wing back I think.

He can do a job there but in this system he's just hit the ground running. He always scored and assisted a lot for the U18s either on the wing or attacking midfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I feel this is why he didn't excel at Forest Green or AFC Wimbledon. Both played him mostly as a left wing back or right wing back I think.

He can do a job there but in this system he's just hit the ground running. He always scored and assisted a lot for the U18s either on the wing or attacking midfield.

More than likely.

But it probably taught him a lot about the defensive side of the game.

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

One thing really impresses me, apart from his goalscoring and defensive work rate, is how he looks after possession. Even when he's being pressed I have confidence that he'll do the right thing.

This is what's impressed me most. Maresca is creating a system that looks to exploit teams in certain areas but you need a nucleus of players who look after the ball too and he plays a massive part in that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He played number 10 for Wimbledon in most games. The manager rated him but he wasn’t able to produce any goals or assists. 

Funny that it’s taken this long for him to play on the wing. 

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He played number 10 for Wimbledon in most games. The manager rated him but he wasn’t able to produce any goals or assists. 

Funny that it’s taken this long for him to play on the wing. 

Yeah the final handful of games they moved him centrally. He was barely used at Forest Green from what I recall and when he was he was as a wing back.

Once he physically matures and bulks up he'll be some player. Right now the shirt looks two sizes bigger than his body. I like that he looks after the ball and he's eager to aggressively get into goal scoring opportunities. 

On 21/09/2023 at 12:33, KFS said:

One thing I noticed last night are that his runs are very very good. Takes a good, long and calculated run quite often which is opening up space for he and his teammates. Good at keeping the ball and winning it back. Can see why Enzo likes him. Bit of balance if we let Maverickdidi do his thing on the left.

On 21/09/2023 at 12:51, Scotch said:

It's a funny one isn't it? That #8 spot looks like it could be made for him but do we really want to risk moving him out of a position that he's doing great in? Short term it could be best just to let him do what he's doing but with his work rate and footballing IQ, he could really kick on centrally with AFI or Akgun wide of him. 

This is it.

Enzo obviously trusts him. He's strong, disciplined, makes great runs, and should slot into an 8 role. 

But he's proving to be so effective right now playing out wide. A contrast to Mavididi on the opposite flank. With the option of Fatawu coming off the bench an exciting alternative.

• Like 1