Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

Guest Col city fan

A lot of seasons in the championship tend to throw up players who you weren’t expecting to hit the ground running.

McAteer is the latest one, clearly with the potential there but already starting to realise it.

Good sign for us going forward 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Off the ball Kasey has great movement and has a knack of being in the right place. However you also saw last night that the he struggles to get past his man when he's 1 v 1. 

He's not going to be a winger, definitely see him as an 8 however in due course.

3 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

He's not going to be a winger, definitely see him as an 8 however in due course.

The more I see of him, actually the more I see Vardy. 

People used to bang on every season about how Barnes could be a 9 and I swear they didn't actually fvcking watch him play. It's not his instincts at all, he loves to have the ball to feet from deeper on the field, he wants to have time to set himself and he wants to charge at his full back cutting in. Barnes at LW was exactly where he should be. He showed none of the quality of movement off the ball he would need to truly shine at 9.

But McAteer's movement off the ball is probably his most stand out quality. Combined with his work rate and his aggression, I think there's a lot of Vards in him. He doesn't quite have blistering pace but he's definitely fast enough to get in behind and away and so far he's not wavered at all on his finishing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The more I see of him, actually the more I see Vardy. 

People used to bang on every season about how Barnes could be a 9 and I swear they didn't actually fvcking watch him play. It's not his instincts at all, he loves to have the ball to feet from deeper on the field, he wants to have time to set himself and he wants to charge at his full back cutting in. Barnes at LW was exactly where he should be. He showed none of the quality of movement off the ball he would need to truly shine at 9.

But McAteer's movement off the ball is probably his most stand out quality. Combined with his work rate and his aggression, I think there's a lot of Vards in him. He doesn't quite have blistering pace but he's definitely fast enough to get in behind and away and so far he's not wavered at all on his finishing. 

A front 3 of Mavididi McAteer Fatawu with KDH and Yunus behind is a madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oshhhh said:

His dad played for Ireland, from what I can find it was kaseys great grandfather who was born in Ireland 

His Dad is Jason McAteer?! lol

I suppose people of my generation assume someone with an Irish name can play for Ireland but considering he was born post 2000 it's not surprising the link is too far back now.