Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

30 minutes ago, Frances Dempsey said:

He is. Money is a great incentive 

So is actually playing international football. He could have ten years playing for the Republic of Ireland. How many England caps could he get considering the young talent coming through in his position? One if he's lucky?

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

So is actually playing international football. He could have ten years playing for the Republic of Ireland. How many England caps could he get considering the young talent coming through in his position? One if he's lucky?

...I  would say by the time you are 10 years old, you would know your nationality!!!

That would be something constantly brought up by their family and made you very much steeped in your heritage.

I think identity is way over done in today's cultural climate, and Kasey might be as English as they come - but I have a Leicester born friend, also a McAteer by coincidence, who grew up 'English' but now looking back fully identifies as Irish and a son of immigrants which made him feel very different to the other Leicester folk he drew up with. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

He couldn’t care less about Republic of Ireland I can guarantee you that!! Knows he won’t get an England call up fact!

4 hours ago, Bryn said:

Not a chance he ever plays for England. So fair play to him.

Exactly

4 hours ago, Bryn said:

Not a chance he ever plays for England. So fair play to him.

Why not? Look at some of the players who've made appearances over the years who you'd never expect. 

Yeah, he'd likely make more appearances for Ireland, but it's too soon to say if he'd never play for England at all imo.

5 hours ago, Frances Dempsey said:

He is. Money is a great incentive 

I doubt very much that it's the money providing the incentive. He is never getting picked for England so he may as well enjoy the International experience by playing for Ireland.

Well done for finding a negative slant to the story .

You are a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I doubt very much that it's the money providing the incentive. He is never getting picked for England so he may as well enjoy the International experience by playing for Ireland.

Well done for finding a negative slant to the story .

You are a breath of fresh air.

Well your very nieve if you believe that!! Never set foot in the country before. Wonder how long it takes him to learn the national anthem 😂😂

7 minutes ago, Frances Dempsey said:

Well your very nieve if you believe that!! Never set foot in the country before. Wonder how long it takes him to learn the national anthem 😂😂

I doubt Jamie Vardy had ever set foot in Leicestershire before he joined us, what’s the difference? It’s not the 1800s anymore, the team you represent has nothing to do with weird nationalistic chest thumping.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4