Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

19 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is that purely down to him, though, or is he being told to do that? Very often we seem to get into great positions only to slow the game right down and send it back down the pitch rather than try a risky pass that could lead to a goal. McAteer isn't the only one who does this. It seems to be a tactical decision that comes from Maresca - ie, whatever you do, don't lose the ball....

Your totally correct. It's totally endemic in our team. The caution first, inspiration second approach. However in the Mcateer example above. It was just rank crap play 🤣

I've said it before about McAteer he needs to be more brave in 1v1 situations. 

I understand that Enzo wants the team to play a certain way and retain possession but we all see Mavididi running at his full back so it baffles me when McAteer looks like he has no confidence in his own ability to beat his man. 

• Like 1

I'd say the wingers have the hardest job in this team. They have to work really hard defensively and are then expected to provide most of the creativity by beating players who are often sitting in low blocks and have been given plenty of time to get in shape by us playing around for long periods of time between the defenders and keeper. McAteer's work rate is fine, although I thought he looked quite leggy at times last night, but I just don't think he has what it takes to provide the creativity this system needs. That's not to say he wouldn't be a good player in another system or team, I just can't see him kicking on playing in this team

14 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

I'd say the wingers have the hardest job in this team. They have to work really hard defensively and are then expected to provide most of the creativity by beating players who are often sitting in low blocks and have been given plenty of time to get in shape by us playing around for long periods of time between the defenders and keeper. McAteer's work rate is fine, although I thought he looked quite leggy at times last night, but I just don't think he has what it takes to provide the creativity this system needs. That's not to say he wouldn't be a good player in another system or team, I just can't see him kicking on playing in this team

Let’s not forget with McAteer that was pretty much his first full game since a few weeks being injured. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I've said it before about McAteer he needs to be more brave in 1v1 situations. 

I understand that Enzo wants the team to play a certain way and retain possession but we all see Mavididi running at his full back so it baffles me when McAteer looks like he has no confidence in his own ability to beat his man. 

I suspect this is following tactics. Makes no sense how he continually checks in but we've seen it with Fattawu since his arrival on scene. Not saying I agree with it but appears only Mavididi has license to attack continuously. 

Sometime I think too many fans try their best  to discount players for themselves,so they can write years of  BS…

Hes been a top find for us,a young lad that is presently starting out in his career.

Hes done us proud so far,fits with no edges into the system and produced nothing less than acquired..His one downfall is he just has to gather the natural phases of experience.In doing  so he will have his ups and downs..A great time to follow a group of young players in the Leicester shirt and their progress….A few years ago

we had a group of gypsies,travellers,tramps & Vagabonds,here we have a decent mixed group,who could well have more about them,those few years ago none of them stood a chance,and went through the typical FT-fan mangle,what happened next is history..
Take note!!!  Our top 6 competitors fans prefer to shout their clubs promises and aspirations and not like FT throw out bundles of negative doubts over every player that pops on the foxes badge…

I think he’s pretty limited as a footballer, sadly.

Having said that though, I quite like him in the team. His energy is a massive plus and he’s pretty quick. Makes him quite effective at nicking the ball to stop attacks/launch counters.

• Like 2

I think he did pretty well for his first outing playing as one of the 8’s he is quite similar to KDH in the fact he presses high and is very high energy. Will definitely get goals in that role in this system. 

Yellow card could be deemed stupidity although we don’t know what was said, clearly Burger said something, and McAteer is usually fairly level headed, so I imagine it was not your bog standard insult for him to react in the way he did, I actually quite liked the fact he gave a bit back and didn’t just shit his pants and disappear. Obviously needs to be careful as we can ill afford any red cards. 

It’s a good option to have that flexibility that he can operate both as an 8 and as a winger option, both him and Yunus give us good options and flexibility. 

• Like 2

Clearly improving after his injury with more game time.

I thought he was excellent in many parts of his game. Clearly more suited to the 8 than the winger role.

I liked the way he defended the Ball when being harrassed from behind and being pushed backwards.

The fact that they had to abuse him attempting to get him sent off tells us he was hurting them all game.

He works hard off the Ball too,  Which is something any Manager loves to see.

I thought his shot on goal when he scored was the wrong option but if you don't shoot you don't score.

All in all a performance he can be pleased with aprt from the Yellow Card. All part of his learning.

• Like 1

Let’s not forget that  we are thin on the ground for CMs/ AMs. I  think he’s a better option down the middle than some of the others we have.  ( Praet). I prefer him down the wing but I think he’ll get better the more he plays.

im  looking forward to seeing him develop more.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

He's looked far more natural as an 8 than a winger for me. Tactically he's very aware which is why I think Enzo likes him. I'd give him a run until Ndidi is back.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot