Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

52 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I like him in that role.

I do too.   It will be interesting to see how many  opportunities he gets.  Once Ndidi is healthy , starts will be limited for him.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I do too.   It will be interesting to see how many  opportunities he gets.  Once Ndidi is healthy , starts will be limited for him.

At one point we were rotating one of the 8's on the hour mark every game. He'll still have a point to play and especially with Ndidi being brought back slowly 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

At one point we were rotating one of the 8's on the hour mark every game. He'll still have a point to play and especially with Ndidi being brought back slowly 

Very True..

He is a manager's type of player. He works hard, is speedy, he can score goals & is defensively responsible .

Considering he’s only had loans in League 2 (Forest Green & Wimbledon) hardly featuring for FGR,  he’s done really well jumping 2 divisions into the Championship. 

Think he suits the 8 role more than on the wing. Brings a lot of energy like KDH into the midfield. 

• Like 4

For different reasons..3-4 ..finds of the season…

The whole squad bought their ticket,not one catastrophical weakness.

All brought into Enzo and system and all have had above avg. performances

in the run of the season

Mcateer..Earliest success ,will stand up in PL. From Academy

Nelson…Belies his age,will stand up in PL. ..From Academy

Fatawu… Just a young investment,beyond all explicables, a marvellous talent*

Cannon…Had to bide his time,then another young star grabbing his chance

3 rekindled careers…Ndidi,Vestergaard,Daka….…..
4…..Piera,Faes,Justin,KDH strengthened their position

Choudhury holding more than his own

2…..Winks Mavididi excellent investments..

1……Akgun a loan we would love to see permanent*

2……loan and Permanent are again finding  their feet…Doyle/Praet

2……old Codgers who have earnt that last grab at PL Albrighton,Vardy

leaves us with Souttar,Coady,Nacho,….even with Nelson and FFP worries

we would want to see Souttar to stay..

Best to let Enzo & Club sort out investment lottery…

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Need to see this push again. Really pissed their fans off and only got a yellow. Fantastic sign of his development and the attitude I want to see.

I thought it was a red at the time (not because I agree that it should be, just that with modern refereeing thought it would be). I can see why they’d be irate.

13 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Hopefully if gets a run as an 8 can get a couple of assists to go with his goals so far this season. 

This is a good point as it'll be a sign his usage of the ball is improving. When he's played as a winger he's really struggled to execute crosses or passes except for the more simpler stuff. 

If he can fine tune this and stay calm in the attacking third then I think it will come.

He’s one of the success stories of the season for me. Before this he’d played something like 30 games of L2 football and been fairly average at it by all accounts. Now I think it’s fair to class him as an established Championship player. He’s far from amazing or a first choice for us but has played his part and some good attributes , most important of which seems to be a good work ethic. Good enough for the Prem… not sure, but he’s got a chance.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I can't, it was nothing but a shove.

The reaction from the Stoke player was absolutely embarrassing. 

Went down like Mick Foley had smashed him round the head with a steel chair. 

• Haha 3

He is a number 8. The position where his development is a far higher ceiling than wing. 

I think he has done really well in any case. First time playing at this level, he has contributed and never looked a liability. Fantastic first full season so far. Might be another championship loan in the 8 position next year would do him good. 

Edit: sorry, I’m saying that as if we have gone up! Silly mistake. If we go up!

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The reaction from the Stoke player was absolutely embarrassing. 

Went down like Mick Foley had smashed him round the head with a steel chair. 

Thats what I remember, and i remember him leaning over Kasey and shouting something straight in his face. Shouldn't have reacted, but i also quite like that he's got a bit of fire in his belly and that he was able to calm down and accept the card straight afterwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Generally of the consensus he is limited and not a PL player potentially. He's a success story for the manager though. I didn't really give him much of a shot of making it here and he's made a bigger impact than expected. The whole thing is a sign of good coaching.

I like what he brings to the team & it shows what can happen when players get a chance. Maresca seems to have a talent for coaching young players & it bodes well for our future if we can keep developing academy talent into first teamers.

I do believe he can play a role at the Premier league level but we will have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I never imagined myself saying this….

But I miss Ndidi’s attacking prowess and crosses in from the line!!

Who would have thought we would be thinking that but you are 100% right. He has become an attacking threat & I hope we can convince him to stay next season.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Considering he’s only had loans in League 2 (Forest Green & Wimbledon) hardly featuring for FGR,  he’s done really well jumping 2 divisions into the Championship. 

Think he suits the 8 role more than on the wing. Brings a lot of energy like KDH into the midfield. 

He’s so versatile. For FGR and rodgers he lined up as a wb. (albeit fleetingly),  but interestingly at wimbledon where he performed well it was centrally more in a #10 role. 

So it shows that he’s more than comfortable on the inside and his run out at 8 showed that. 

This type of position is ideal for him as he will get on the end of a lot with the way we play and he’s already a very composed finisher. 

The only question is whether or not we have enough steel in the middle against a tougher opponent 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Got to admit, I have been surprised how good he is. Enzo clearly rates him highly too. 

If he continues on this rate of development, there is every chance he will be an important starter for us in the future. 

it’s really hard to make the call that he will be ‘ an important starter’ for us. he’ll get games and is a good option to have. . I do see us strengthening in the middle of the park if we go up, though… aswell as up front and at the back..wide positions seem sorted for the most part..

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s really hard to make the call that he will be ‘ an important starter’ for us. he’ll get games and is a good option to have. . I do see us strengthening in the middle of the park if we go up, though… aswell as up front and at the back..wide positions seem sorted for the most part..

He has a long way to go and with all young players, it will be an uphill battle for him to continue developing at the rate he has. IF he does though, then I can see him starting games for us in the future, even in the Premier League. He continues to surprise me and Enzo seems a big fan! 

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He has a long way to go and with all young players, it will be an uphill battle for him to continue developing at the rate he has. IF he does though, then I can see him starting games for us in the future, even in the Premier League. He continues to surprise me and Enzo seems a big fan! 

I’m  glad we kept him. He could be a 15-20m player  in a year or two 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1