Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

41 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Has the potential to be very good. Currently operating in the shadow realm of ok - excellent. I think he is one of the most obvious signs of Enzo’s ability as a coach.

A manager who actually can improve players, who’d have thought. 

I have no idea how it all played out but we did very well to get Maresca. A manager/coach who actually improves players and has a definitive plan as to how to play the game.  Kasey McAteer is a great example of him bringing along a player most of us had never heard of.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, casablancas said:

Barnes was Fcuking very raw at one point, who knows. He’s got every chance with the coaching and training facilities you’d think. 

The same Harvey Barnes that absolutely smashed this league to bits when he was 19/20?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

The same Harvey Barnes that absolutely smashed this league to bits when he was 19/20?

The point can definitely be made that both Barnes and Kasey all of a sudden took their chances when it didn’t seem like they’d make it. Barnes is clearly an outstanding player and what he does do he does brilliantly (although very limited) and that year he rip it up and we then gave him a shot and served us well. Technically Kasey isn’t quite on his level from an attacking sense but with five goals he is only 4 goals off Harvey’s haul that season and I think he’ll surpass that. His output is comparable in all fairness!

But as a break out season he is doing well already and I think he looks like he is improving and learning. Will he step up in the premier league like Harvey did, not so sure but then again I didn’t expect him as a first teamer at this club.

Enzo sees something in him and I for one thought he did well in that 8 role. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

I liked McAteer in the role he played at Stoke. Can't say so soon if its a better permanent position for him, but i'd certainly like to see more of him there.

It's difficult, he's playing in such a good squad, its that bit harder to stand out. Would be interested as to what kind of role he could play in the Premier League though, there would have to be a considerable improvement for him to get much game time surely.

If we get a decent enough offer for him then sell in the summer.. if not loan him out to the championship for a season

Not been too impressed but he stepped up with important goals when we needed them at the start of the season so I don't think he needs burning at the stake just yet

• Haha 1