Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

Just now, FosseSpark said:

He was absolute dogger when he came on today.

He's been dogger since he got back from injury after that little spell when he scored a few. Honestly, I've never seen anybody play in a forward position and offer so little going forward. 

• Like 1

With FFP, him being an academy player makes him a very attractive asset to sale.

Would be foolish not to take a nice wedge if offered surely?

I’ve been surprised by his step up from a poor League Two loan as his recent measuring stick though so big props to him for that.

Just now, Stinkenzo said:

So tonights hot topic after another routine win is how bad was a guy's 10 minutes cameo when added to a team playing in 2nd gear all half lol

Nah, If you read the thread, it's based on weeks of game time. For instance, he was woeful last weekend and played a full 90. 

Didn't realise we weren't allowed to talk about players? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t know what Enzo sees in him. He’s not going to cut it in the PL. 

probably pressure on a sale while his stock is high. Remember his contribution to FFP would be pure profit.

Expect quite a bit of this if we win the league with games to spare. It’ll be shop window central 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Didn't do so well coming off the bench but it makes me laugh then number of you rushing to post how much you don't rate him.

Academy lad that has had some great games for us and has won us a lot of points earlier in the season. Ive got abolutely no problems with him.

Especially given I think he's played 90% of this season out of position. 

He's got the same limitations as KDH. I think they're quite similar in some ways. 

McAteer is a box to box midfielder is his future I think. 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Nah he can definitely play at championship level, he just isn't a winger or good at what we need him to be. 

Yeah I'd say his a mid to lower champ player, defo needs loaning or selling back to the champ, unfortunately just not good enough! 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Didn't do so well coming off the bench but it makes me laugh then number of you rushing to post how much you don't rate him.

Academy lad that has had some great games for us and has won us a lot of points earlier in the season. Ive got abolutely no problems with him.

Hmm, not so sure, especially if we keep giving him starts and 90s like we did against Watford and left Mavididi on the bench. 

He's not going to get game time in the PL, or at least he shouldn't because he genuinely isn't good enough to, so whilst cameos to save legs is fine, or rather have our capable players starting games and getting well and truly drilled on the system and style ready for next season. 

Same with starting Praet, unless it's clear Akguns time with us is officially over.

Edited by SecretPro

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Exactly this. Took Barnes and KDH time to come good

Said it before and I’ll say it again he’s a box to box midfielder. He’s an 8 in this system it’s so obvious, he looked more comfortable against Stoke in the middle than he has out wide. Do I think he would be good enough in the Prem? Probably not. However he’s definitely a top end of the Championship player for me. 

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox
Just now, HybridFox said:

Exactly this. Took Barnes and KDH time to come good

Totally agree he is still learning his trade ffs

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Praet had a decent game I thought today 

Gave the ball away or made a sloppy mistake twice today in what were clear goal scoring chances. Does the basics well but beyond that I don't think he offers a lot, lacks pace badly too. Would much rather see Yunus in his position. 

Can't wait till Wilf is back to be honest. 

• Like 3

Unfair to judge him on tonight. Much fairer to look at his last few appearances- they have been poor. Not going to get on the lads back as he looked very good early season. Doubt he will/would figure much in the Prem at his present level. 

• Like 1