Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Be honest, he was poor. Just because he's 22 and an academy product doesn't make him immune from reasonable criticism. Tonight his touch was poor, don't think he actually made a forward pass or successful cross let alone even attempt to beat a man. If they are the facts why deny them? It's not slagging him off It's reasonable observation. 

He was only on for 19 minutes, he as usual showed his phenomenal workrate his touch was poor he look short on confidence to go at his man on the ball. 

No one is asking you to deny any facts I am just asking you not to focus on them when there is so much to be positive about. How come Kaseys thread is at the top of the page but kdh's of mavididis isn't? 

People are far to keen to look to slag and critise. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Just won 2-0 and a players thread is hot for slagging him off. Pretty sad really

I think it’s fair to say he was poor when he came on and has been for a while. Every fan wants him to do well, he just isn’t at it currently. No one is immune to criticism - 2023 and people get offended by all sorts!

• Like 2

He’s getting the Perez treatment in here, he’s not performing on the wing so he must be a central midfielder. His shortcomings are only made worse centrally - great attitude, works hard, can get on the end of things but this is not the skillset we require unfortunately.

Hope he goes on to have a great career but it won’t be in the PL, I’m sceptical he’ll be a top half championship player tbh.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Didn't he make his first team debut in 21/22? Didn't push on, has been given a big opportunity this season and after a good start has now started to look lost? If players aren't kicking on at 22 in the Championship then it's u likely they are going to be kicking on in the Premier League the season after. Criticism is valid no matter what stage of a career a player is at, without criticism you can't improve. 

All I'm saying is, it's highly unlikely he will feature at all next season so I'd rather focus on the players that will. 

If he was 18/19 I'd be more inclined to be patient but he's been given a big chance this year to step up and it hasn't happened. 

He's probably a lovely lad, just not good enough at this level. 

Well that's not all your saying as you've called him terrible, dogger (sic) and woeful.   I am saying, how do you know?  No player comes from the academy to the first team fully formed.  We've seen it it many times before.  He might make it, he might not, but at this stage we don't really know where his ceiling is as he is still finding his feet.  Any criticism should be tempered with the acknowledgement that he is a kid that still has his L-plates on and often played out of position.

I think he'd be a fine winger if we still played the Rodgers way, Barnes wasn't exactly technically the greatest winger himself, its just the way we play means our wingers have to be 1v1 monsters or else they just get isolated and forced to do back passes, like yunus until he got moved to the center of the park 

9 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think it’s fair to say he was poor when he came on and has been for a while. Every fan wants him to do well, he just isn’t at it currently. No one is immune to criticism - 2023 and people get offended by all sorts!

He was poor but i wouldnt be jumping on his thread to be slagging him off after a 2-0 win and top of the league by 12 points

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

He was only on for 19 minutes, he as usual showed his phenomenal workrate his touch was poor he look short on confidence to go at his man on the ball. 

No one is asking you to deny any facts I am just asking you not to focus on them when there is so much to be positive about. How come Kaseys thread is at the top of the page but kdh's of mavididis isn't? 

People are far to keen to look to slag and critise. 

I think it's probably because his early season goals perhaps flattered to deceive. Agreed that you can't deny his effort however, apart from that though and the early season well taken goals, he doesn't honestly seem to offer anything and is rarely positively involved. The game seems to pass him by.

8 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Just won 2-0 and a players thread is hot for slagging him off. Pretty sad really

I don't know how half the people know enough to criticise, half the pathetic gimps get up and leave religiously halfway through the second half. Is there any other form if entertainment people would leave 15 minutes before the end 'to beat the traffic' that they don't actually beat anyway?! Weird. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1