Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

Guess it depends on his wages. Is he good enough to start in the Premier League? No. 

Would he be useful in Cup games and do a job? I think so. 

He would need to make a big step forward in development to be a genuine starter for Leicester in the future.

You can't really write off a 22 year old, especially as he is home grown and clearly loves the club with that added motivation.

I'd assess him over pre-season and see what business we do and either keep him in the squad OR loan him to a Championship club. 

Next season should be make or break for him in regards his Leicester future, no matter where he is. Needs a big season. 

Guest leatherhead32

think him and ben nelson have got it , both northants lads i think, but through the ranks i think ? good lads 

43 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Matter of personal opinion isn't it really?

He's been very fortunate with the players around him and has looked the weakest link whenever he has played .... in my opinion.

Also, he's 22, not a break though 15 year old.

But yeah, home grown so let's just keep him on the books with Luke Thomas.

Might as well close thread now his dad's said he's great.

Yes it's partly about opinions. Though you and others are saying he's not good enough.

Based on what ,  The Manager who is a professional doesn't agree with that viewpoint otherwise he wouldn't play him.

The point is you can't judge young players as the finished article when they're starting out. The Managers job is to improve him. Like KDH has dev and improved.

You only have to look at Harry Kane as an example or our own Vardy. Both late developers you could say. Kane was awful when he was here.

I personally saw a lot in Kasey last night to think he can make it.

Let's just see how he and Braybrook, and Alves get on in their development.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes it's partly about opinions. Though you and others are saying he's not good enough.

Based on what ,  The Manager who is a professional doesn't agree with that viewpoint otherwise he wouldn't play him.

The point is you can't judge young players as the finished article when they're starting out. The Managers job is to improve him. Like KDH has dev and improved.

You only have to look at Harry Kane as an example or our own Vardy. Both late developers you could say. Kane was awful when he was here.

I personally saw a lot in Kasey last night to think he can make it.

Let's just see how he and Braybrook, and Alves get on in their development.

I feel Enzo plays due to lack of any real alternative. 

But yeah,  we'll see.

Edited by adejo92

16 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Marc Albrighton?

He's clearly not a fan of Albrighton given the fact he's barely ever in the squad.

Sentiment aside, I don't think many managers would put a player so close to retirement in their match by match squad as you have to have an eye on the future.

We massively lack any alternative to Fatawu or Mavididi.

Fatawu less so, but Mavididi is prone to some right stinking games but will always be guaranteed his spot.

Edited by adejo92

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

He's clearly not a fan of Albrighton given the fact he's barely ever in the squad.

Sentiment aside, I don't think many managers would put a player so close to retirement in their match by match squad as you have to have an eye on the future.

Fatawu less so, but Mavididi is prone to some right stinking games but will always be guaranteed his spot.

I agree with it, just mean it more than he does have another option to Mcateer. 

He also put Yunus out there a couple of times but he's better in the 8/10 role for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

I think McAteer is better on the right than left, so an alternative on the left is needed. Marcal played there a bit at the beginning of the season, but not made it from the bench for a while.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That agent talk of him being on the radar of Spurs worked a charm then.

Would have seen what he could do in the Prem before offering him a new deal, I have big reservations personally but whatever, not the biggest of our many problems.

I agree with you for once ;), not sure he's all that - after a bright start he looked woeful and lost in quite a number of games. Bit meh

• Like 1

Don’t really rate him as a winger as he hardly takes on a player, however likes to run around a bit. I think he is played in the wrong position I would like to see his play up front I think he’s more of a threat then Daka.

31 minutes ago, brownfox said:

Don’t really rate him as a winger as he hardly takes on a player, however likes to run around a bit. I think he is played in the wrong position I would like to see his play up front I think he’s more of a threat then Daka.

With the current options we have up top you might get your wish vs Spurs