Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

On 26/08/2023 at 18:01, lfu said:

""To be honest not only the two goals, the way he works off the ball has been unbelievable."

Absolutely ruthless from Enzo to not even give Wanya a place in the squad after getting a debut goal last weekend.

No doubt he'll get a chance in the cup but, if Wanya has his head screwed on, he'll take the coach's comments on board, see what McAteer brings to the side regarding his all round game, and then look to kick on himself.

It'll be very interesting to see how Wanya fares the next time he's given an opportunity.

As for Macca, take bloody bow, son :worship:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Absolutely ruthless from Enzo to not even give Wanya a place in the squad after getting a debut goal last weekend.

No doubt he'll get a chance in the cup but, if Wanya has his head screwed on, he'll take the coach's comments on board, see what McAteer brings to the side regarding his all round game, and then look to kick on himself.

It'll be very interesting to see how Wanya fares the next time he's given an opportunity.

As for Macca, take bloody bow, son :worship:

Out on loan I suspect

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I love having players who are genuinely happy and excited to play for us! 

Cannot underestimate how important that is for motivation and work ethic. 

I said similar about most of the new signings all seem genuinely pleased to be here and excited from the signing interviews . Compared to some of the previous signings where they have looked miserable looked like they don’t really want to be here . 

• Like 2

Always thought his work rate was very good for the 23s, enzo will definitely like that aspect, hopefully he can build on this now, I also think like others have mentioned he will get game time as one of the higher 8s and left wing over the season, versatile hungry player is exactly what we need.

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seems to have plenty about him and love his attitude and work rate.

Can see him playing plenty this season as he certainly wont just be pigeon holed as a winger only, would love to see what he can do in the middle also

Worth a shout…

Instead of the expensive new investments,would be nice to see the Academy players lead the way…Nelson for Vestergaard

would complete with KDH a good sound group…but just wishful thinking…

• Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 21:39, moore_94 said:

Probably get more of a chance through the middle now with Wilf potentially leaving and us signing 2 right wingers

Was this actually has main position for the u23s? 

Do Wanya, McAteer and Alves all have the same preferred roles? 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was this actually has main position for the u23s? 

Do Wanya, McAteer and Alves all have the same preferred roles? 

Mcateer tended to play LW or LWB for our under 21s but in the U18s, which I went to several in the 2019/20 season, he played as an 8 mostly. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Mcateer tended to play LW or LWB for our under 21s but in the U18s, which I went to several in the 2019/20 season, he played as an 8 mostly. 

Do we largely consider all three to be 8/10s?

Bit of a random throwback memory but didn't Barnes come through largely as an 8?