Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

I thought he was quite underwhelming today. Although most of the squad were 😂

That fullback will be having nightmares about him for weeks, shouldn't have finished the first half when his only recourse against McAteer was fouls, and definitely wouldn't have finished the second if we'd used him more. Honestly think him and Casadei are the best option as the two 8s

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

That fullback will be having nightmares about him for weeks, shouldn't have finished the first half when his only recourse against McAteer was fouls, and definitely wouldn't have finished the second if we'd used him more. Honestly think him and Casadei are the best option as the two 8s

I think I'd rather have him as an 8 than out wide to be honest.

He will do a job out wide, but I still don't feel its natural too him.

Just now, smudger63 said:

I think I'd rather have him as an 8 than out wide to be honest.

He will do a job out wide, but I still don't feel its natural too him.

He did a decent job out wide but honestly a midfield 4 of Fatawu Casadei Mcateer Mavididi behind any striker is mouthwatering 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just been saying this, I'm concerned we don't have any central midfielders that can run well with the ball. McAteer was our best player 1st half and I think him playing as an 8 and Mavididi or Fatawu on the left and Yunus or Fatawu on the right makes teams less able to just low block us.

This is where Riccy P is killing me a bit, when he’s picking the ball up in space he just isn’t running with it when I thought it would be one of the advantages of playing him in there. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You probably need to re watch the first half …….

anyway, he needed to come off when he did 

I have re-watched it! He was still our biggest threat. God knows why or how, but oddly he was. Mavididi wasn't bad when he came on, but neither was he the specific thing that we needed at the time.

As regards our creative players, Iheanacho, honestly... I thought was shocking throughout. KDH, Ndidi as 8's were awful. Pereira was poor by his standards too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I have re-watched it! He was still our biggest threat. God knows why or how, but oddly he was. Mavididi wasn't bad when he came on, but neither was he the specific thing that we needed at the time.

As regards our creative players, Iheanacho, honestly... I thought was shocking throughout. KDH, Ndidi as 8's were awful. Pereira was poor by his standards too.

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

I really disagree-he was my motm before Fatawu came on

Fair enough if you’ve re watched and still feel the same 

I don’t think any of our players were up to much in the first half - so it was a pretty low bar 

On 27/08/2023 at 17:18, Ric Flair said:

His work rate and energy has always impressed me. I watched the U18s a fair bit with my son before the pandemic and he was one of the underrated players who got a fair amount of goals and assists but it would be easy to dismiss his talents.

For the U21s I think he's again quietly gone about his work and his best games have come on the left or as an attacking midfielder. His two loan spells were by and large very mediocre, and it could easily have been assumed he wasn't good enough for us and moved on.

Full credit to Kasey, Enzo and the coaches because he's seemingly not unfazed at a higher level than he's played before. He's also doing it in a position he's barely played and I think he revels in the pressure and perhaps proving people wrong.

After a solid and unexciting debut, he could easily have got downbeat after an injury and Wanya coming in and seemingly doing OK. But he's taken his chances once again and won us our 5th consecutive match. It's massive for the confidence, determination and momentum.

Fair play to him, clearly loves the club, playing out his dream as a professional footballer and long may it continue. I like his versatility and hope he keeps proving me wrong who didn't think he was at this level yet.

He was lucky petty liked him. Say no more. If your face fits you’ll do well

7 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Scores a brace playing on the Right wing....next league game is put out on the left and is nowhere near as effective plus a new signing played on the right....anyone able to explain?

...he had his fullback on toast, he needed to work him more as he would have been sent off or had to have extra support, meaning a space been created to stop McAteer.!!!

For some reason he started to lay the ball off instead of trying to beat his man, I am sure it is the process we are using, but he also has the license to go at the defender.

I thought the subs were too soon, 5 minutes into the second half, might as well have been at half time. We also need ti stop "dinked" crosses to get a player in and keep the ball on the floor when playing into the box.