Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Fair enough if you’ve re watched and still feel the same 

I don’t think any of our players were up to much in the first half - so it was a pretty low bar 

I have this depressing habit where I only watch back games where something has gone wrong. I only got to 30 or 35 minutes of yesterday's, mind, before something went wrong. Last year I had a package where you could simply rewatch whole matches, but this year I have to do something clever which I've somehow buggered up...

Anyway, I thought McAteer looked bright though. I was specifically watching to see whether Hull were quickly switching the ball wide when they picked up possession, and it seems we kept getting caught out by that a bit.

13 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I have this depressing habit where I only watch back games where something has gone wrong. I only got to 30 or 35 minutes of yesterday's, mind, before something went wrong. Last year I had a package where you could simply rewatch whole matches, but this year I have to do something clever which I've somehow buggered up...

Anyway, I thought McAteer looked bright though. I was specifically watching to see whether Hull were quickly switching the ball wide when they picked up possession, and it seems we kept getting caught out by that a bit.

Presumably into the right back area - that’s going to be where the space is on transition 

• 2 weeks later...

He’s got a future this boy.

His attitude seems bang on and you can absolutely make a career of that from the position he’s in now. Look at your Milners, Hendersons, Nevilles, even someone like Beckham post-‘98. 

Took his goal brilliantly and looks like he belonged. Faded after the hour mark, maybe needs to work on his stamina and how he uses his energy, but there’s a lot to like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting that today like the last game showed him fading in the second period compared to the first. 

That’s something that does happen with young players - hopefully he gets the chance to push on and change that 

I think it does when they are giving everything to impress and not managing their game as much as experienced players do. He did alright at Rotherham too. 

Doesn't look anywhere near a championship footballer to me. His footballing brain seems to be behind. He's doing a capable job, but really can't see him making it at championship level long term.

Once Fatawu and Akgun are integrated I'd be shocked if we saw much of Kasey.

Fair play to the lad for stepping up though, he's not shyed away from the challenge and bagged himself 3 goals so far. It's good to have that option in the squad.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Doesn't look anywhere near a championship footballer to me. His footballing brain seems to be behind. He's doing a capable job, but really can't see him making it at championship level long term.

Fair play to the lad for stepping up though, he's not shyed away from the challenge and bagged himself 3 goals so far. It's good to have that option in the squad.

3 goals in 4 games 

not even full 90s

on that kinda form he isn’t going to be shifted easily 

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I strangely agree with this, or I can see where you’re coming from. 

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

sorry but this , this is just so wrong.

its obvious why Enzo likes Kasey, he is a decent technical player at championship label, (not great) but he works hard, he plays a team role always working back, does obvious things well, runs into the box, but also running back to cover

may not ever be a prem player, but clearly able to play at this level in my opinion 

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Its one of them that, at the minute, he's got the bosses approval, playing regularly in a team that's doing well isn't it.

I worry what happens when he becomes a bit part player. He is composed and seems to make the right decisions and intelligent runs.. so hopefully if he keeps taking his chances when he's a sub then he'll make it

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I understand this, but I think a lot of his misgivings can be forgiven based on his age and amount of senior games he’s played. I think there’s much more progression. 

Let’s not kid ourselves he’s not going to be an England player but he’s showing enough to be a solid professional.

His workrate is exceptional and that's probably where he nudges himself ahead of Wanya and others. He's reponded to the other wingers coming in and upped his game. His goal is about two things - Vardy's run to create space and his determination to sprint 20 yards into the box to get in on goal. If Stephy is a bit more unselfish he might even have had a second goal too. He probably doesn't have the same tricks and step overs that others have but as Albrighton's demonstrated over the years, attitude and workrate will get you further than a showboat.