Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:
  1. Well taken 1 on 1 opportunity that I'd expect coalvilles attackers to put away.

The perfect first touch at that speed to set up that finish made it an easy for himself though, many players wouldn't have taken it as well as he did including a few of our strikers. I was much in line with @Ric Flair's thoughts, he was always hard working but his pace and touch has surprised me when attacking. I thought Fatawu looked good again when he came on though, not just a pace merchant he has an eye for a pass and should have had a few assists..

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, trooky said:

Like his pace and timing of runs, he's not a classic winger but is a real goal threat. Think he could also play as a number 8 in this system.

Honestly think he is far more suited to playing as an 8, but he has excelled my expectations of him so far, so all power to him.

Well done Kasey :scarf:

He is promising player. I find it odd so many posters are either pigeon holing him as having a lower championship club ceiling, 3rd choice RW or some other role. He's young, showing promise, scoring, let's just see what develops under Maresca. Kasey will have his own career aspirations which hopefully he can achieve.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I admit it's a brave call from me considering he's bagged 3 in 2 :D 

If I break down his goals so far

1. Header on the line
  2. Allowed 3 touches and time to set himself about 14 yards out and hit a fairly central shot the keeper should save
  3. Well taken 1 on 1 opportunity that I'd expect coalvilles attackers to put away.

His pros certainly seem to be his pace and work rate. He just doesn't seem to be on the save wave length as other players, or too slow to make a decision sometimes. He killed a few attacks yesterday through a lack of awareness of his surroundings. 

People won't be bothered about these things while we're winning. I'll no doubt see these complaints surface if we go through a sticky patch though.

I can see him carving out a decent career in the game, but if he's in the championship, I'd expect it to be more with a Rotherham/Barnsley than teams genuinely looking for promotion.

Right...which other threads need the optimism sucking out of?? lol

I think you are talking smack. Rotherham/Barnsley lol 

13 minutes ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

He is promising player. I find it odd so many posters are either pigeon holing him as having a lower championship club ceiling, 3rd choice RW or some other role. He's young, showing promise, scoring, let's just see what develops under Maresca. Kasey will have his own career aspirations which hopefully he can achieve.

I know its bizarre, looks like a great talent and could develop into a key player here.

• Like 2