Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Kasey McAteer

Seems to be level headed and grounded. No arrogance about him on the pitch and speaks quite well in interviews.

From what I've observed, he has a good footballing brain. Seems to be in the right position to receive the ball and aware of whose around him to offload. Makes good runs.. the chance he missed at cov was a great run, and the goal vs Southampton he spotted the space.

Only thing I'd like to see him start doing now is trying to take on his man a bit more as he seems a little reluctant, but then again, that could just be him knowing his capabilities and keeping it simple, which would then again show his maturity. Very impressed so far  and like a few others, I was not expecting that to be the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

2. The ball came across and was too high to hit so took a touch to take it away from the defender, and hit a diagonal shot in a crowded box, leaving the keeper rooted to the spot.

Agree the 3rd was the best, they both made it look very simple. KDH's pass and Kasey's finish were both very confident.

Not sure the 2nd goal matches your description though... Let me ask you to look at it from the Rotherham perspective. Would you blame you defence for allowing that goal or do you think it impossible to prevent?

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Agree the 3rd was the best, they both made it look very simple. KDH's pass and Kasey's finish were both very confident.

Not sure the 2nd goal matches your description though... Let me ask you to look at it from the Rotherham perspective. Would you blame you defence for allowing that goal or do you think it impossible to prevent?

...the switch ball is always going to catch a defence out as players are pulled in towards where the actual play is taken place!!!

I would be unhappy to see a player not having been tracked, but he shot across the keeper (what I  am constantly imploring our players to do) and the ball hit the side netting. If the ball had hit the back netting it would have been a keeper error.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

You could say that about most goal to be fair!

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think what your failing to give him credit for in your review of his goals, is the intelligence and skill that’s involved in making sure you’re in the right place at the right time to finish chances.

Yes the chances themselves are fairly routine, but to get those chances in the first place you need to be doing something right.

And converting where many in the very long past right up to this date miss..

If routine chances & penalties were converted,why 250+  goals per season would be ...well..Routine.:giggle:

We have our own up & coming player,

Mcateer ,exactly unexpected  OTT presented moments, what an eye from KDH,then the run ,but amid our fans some clever buggar insists in putting in even forcing the BUT,into every good moment...

Again From our own fans.!! 

I still can't understand Madividis quality moment last week,being short changed and underwhelmed at being pushed,

though I could miss some early week material from England's press or every indirect football commenter..

I can remember Rodney Fern,really a super techi, Several times he did something similar,but it was like waiting for VAR because he would occasionally close it off brilliantly ( including great save from GK ) or he could show-stoppingly after miraculous

impossible tekki's ,even go around the GK, then fall on his a*rse,or stumble just before an obvious tap in..Maybe we have just had so many of these incidents over decades,that when someone like Stephan or Mcateer pulls it off, it becomes too much and have no idea

how to celebrate or take in such a goal. Further into the week it's either...:dunno: or :trumpet:..

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

Seems to be level headed and grounded. No arrogance about him on the pitch and speaks quite well in interviews.

From what I've observed, he has a good footballing brain. Seems to be in the right position to receive the ball and aware of whose around him to offload. Makes good runs.. the chance he missed at cov was a great run, and the goal vs Southampton he spotted the space.

Only thing I'd like to see him start doing now is trying to take on his man a bit more as he seems a little reluctant, but then again, that could just be him knowing his capabilities and keeping it simple, which would then again show his maturity. Very impressed so far  and like a few others, I was not expecting that to be the case.

He's been excellent. What I love about him is his Alertness and Awareness and how he makes space for himself.

I think the Dribbling thing might be from the Manager where they're advised not to take chances. Keep possession and the ball at all costs. Which of course frustrates the opposition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You decide what that what is,  but I suspect what the what is, the what in the what if you will, needed no more time for consideration whatsoever

I'm assuming the Twenty are a secret ruling elite from another planet (Wikipedia) which you've let slip and now you're trying to cover your tracks, before the other 19 supreme beings find out.

And I, for one, would like to welcome our new overlords!

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm assuming the Twenty are a secret ruling elite from another planet (Wikipedia) which you've let slip and now you're trying to cover your tracks, before the other 19 supreme beings find out.

And I, for one, would like to welcome our new overlords!

Thanks, you have royally screwed me, there is no way back in the inner sanctum now ffs

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I thought against Cov he looked a bit out of his depth but he's actually looking increasingly like he belongs in this side. This is a proper example of actually giving academy prospects a chance - the likes of Barnes, KDH, Chilwell etc... were nailed on for our side (the same way Alves & Braybrooke are), but McAteer I didn't think would. He's surprised me in a good way.

KDH was fcukin pony at academy level. What's different with him to Kasey is that on loan he quickly showed he was ready. McAteer's two loan spells were very uneventful, not a single fan can lay claim to it being a logical transgression to the level he's now playing. Shits got wild and he's taken it.

It now makes a mockery of those who dismiss inexperience, that they need to earn their stripes elsewhere before coming in to this club and adding value. Rodgers was a master in deflection to this, utter charlatan with the academy. Enzo moves in his own way and let's see what happens.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH was fcukin pony at academy level. What's different with him to Kasey is that on loan he quickly showed he was ready. McAteer's two loan spells were very uneventful, not a single fan can lay claim to it being a logical transgression to the level he's now playing. Shits got wild and he's taken it.

It now makes a mockery of those who dismiss inexperience, that they need to earn their stripes elsewhere before coming in to this club and adding value. Rodgers was a master in deflection to this, utter charlatan with the academy. Enzo moves in his own way and let's see what happens.

That's what I meant really. I don't profess to watch much of the academy, more keeping an eye from a bit of a distance, but Dewsbury-Hall going from smashing it for Blackpool to winning Luton's POTS - it was pretty obvious he was going to be at worst, a squad player for us. McAteer I'd have predicted ended up at somewhere like Northampton. I mean he might - but I'm reassessing that prediction. He's better than I thought he was. Early days I thought he was being used out of pure necessity but we have the options in the squad who in theory should push him down the pecking order and it's yet to happen.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He's been excellent. What I love about him is his Alertness and Awareness and how he makes space for himself.

I think the Dribbling thing might be from the Manager where they're advised not to take chances. Keep possession and the ball at all costs. Which of course frustrates the opposition.

Yes, there is probably an element of that, but the other wingers seem to have freedom to run at defences.

Genuinely thought Marcal would be the one to break through, but theyd both fade away once yunus and Abdul arrived.. kaceys really surprised me, and at the minute, I don't think it would be right to demote him

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Simonb said:

Yes, there is probably an element of that, but the other wingers seem to have freedom to run at defences.

Genuinely thought Marcal would be the one to break through, but theyd both fade away once yunus and Abdul arrived.. kaceys really surprised me, and at the minute, I don't think it would be right to demote him

Totally agree, He's earned his place in the team and deserves to play . He's shown he can play out wide but also come inside and play the 8 attacking role. He's also deceptively quick. I hope we can get to keep him.