Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Tranmere (A) - 29 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

Once again, I don't know much about Tranmere Rovers, but at least I have heard of them.

They apparently had a fine League Cup run in 2000.

We've played them before, but the last time was apparently 2009.

Who starts, who makes the bench?

• Like 1

We should play Vestergaard in the Matt Elliott role. 

In all seriousness, biggest thing for this game is to get some minutes into some legs - Albrighton, Vardy, Justin, Thomas - if he’s not going out on loan.

I would go:

Stolarczyk

Justin

Nelson

Vestergaard - maybe Castagne if he’s staying and Justin at CB.

Thomas

Choudhury 

Casadei

KDH

Albrighton 

Vardy

Akgun 

Should be enough there to get into the next round, with players given an opportunity to get upto the pace and be ready to step up if required.

Wouldn’t mind seeing someone like Richards on the bench and given a half an hour run around. 

This on tv anywhere?

I'd like to see Stolarczyk, Wanya, Hamza, JJ and Nelson in the team. Hopefully 2/3 u23s on the bench or even starting, we may have another player or two that can help us this season in addition to McAteer and Wanya.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

From his comments to the press the other day he obviously rates him and said he will be in the team this season. He’s just come back from another injury, maybe a manager with a bit of common sense that knows he’s just got to manage him appropriately and build him up . On top of that four straight wins in the league and no real need to change anything.

Agree, we suffered a lot from players being rushed back, happy to be patient as JJ will be very important I think, as Maresca implied.

• Like 3

tbf I imagine some will certainly have a rest for this one; winks hopefully being one of them. suspect Akgun could start too since hes match fit and he'll probably get at leicester 1 session in before the game too

Jakob

JJ

Nelson

Vester

Thomas

Hamza

Praet

Casadei

Marcel

Akgun

Vardy

shame Braybrooke is only just coming back from injury, think he'd a played this one tbf

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

This on tv anywhere?

I'd like to see Stolarczyk, Wanya, Hamza, JJ and Nelson in the team. Hopefully 2/3 u23s on the bench or even starting, we may have another player or two that can help us this season in addition to McAteer and Wanya.

It’s on Bein Sports in Australia, so there should be some decent streams.

• Thanks 2

Get the dolphin in. He needs to be on the same wavelength as the other players asap.

Definitely worried about over playing Ricky P given his injury record. JJ needs a game to show EM what he can do.

Also maybe rest Winks as no other MF is quite like him in the squad.

2 hours ago, richard123 said:

I'd rest a few here. Games will start coming quick and fast now. Rest Winks, vesty, nacho. Start Casadei, JJ and Vardy

Only five games in September 

international break after hull

i think enzo is more keen on the players getting time with the system rather than worrying about injuries 

We lack quality centrally if we rest Winks and Ricardo (neither of whom are particularly robust). We need another ball-playing deep lying midfielder.

We can’t rely on a recovering Braybrooke to be thst player as much as I like him.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Only five games in September 

international break after hull

i think enzo is more keen on the players getting time with the system rather than worrying about injuries 

Noticed the int break after posting... go full steam then :)