Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Tranmere (A) - 29 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Their keeper for Wednesday (not played in the league so far but did in the last round of the cup) is Joe Murphy.

Who was their keeper in the cup final in 2000.

The same guy, now 42, - 25 year career

Think this will be very similar to the Burton match.

Stol

Justin Nelson Doyle Hamza

Ndidi 

Casadei  Albrighton

McAteer                      Wanya

Vardy

20 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Once again, I don't know much about Tranmere Rovers, but at least I have heard of them.

They apparently had a fine League Cup run in 2000.

We've played them before, but the last time was apparently 2009.

Who starts, who makes the bench?

Their current keeper is the same keeper who played against us in that league cup final 

16 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

From his comments to the press the other day he obviously rates him and said he will be in the team this season. He’s just come back from another injury, maybe a manager with a bit of common sense that knows he’s just got to manage him appropriately and build him up . On top of that four straight wins in the league and no real need to change anything.

We buy..we change…

Though wrong thread to discuss it…

like to see the benchers,  again fit, and fringe players get in…

Justin, injury permitting,by middle of the season will be 1st choice

Nelson.. now it’s his time for a breakthrough..

Choudhury love to see what he can offer in this new set up…Fancy he will do well.

Praet..make a position his own 

Wanya/Mavididi..both Need gametime

Mcateer…central role

KDH…Bench like to see who can play his role.

On 26/08/2023 at 20:38, FoxesWalk said:

My only complaint about Enzo so far is that Justin is far too good at this level to be spending as much time on the bench as he has so far. Play him. Ideally in the league. 

Id play both young lads out wide from the start in this one. Rest Mavididi and McAteer/Wanya can be on the bench next weekend for Akgun’s debut. 

But he' isn't better than any of the players in positions he can play, certainly not on recent form - he played 10 minutes against rotherham and touched the ball 3 times, including completing only 1 of his 2 attempted passes - you can't drop players that are playing well just to find space for a guy that lacks confidence and fitness. The best thing for him would be to go on loan somewhere where he'll be playing 90 minutes, week in week out, to get himself back up to a decent standard. Right now, none of the back 4 are getting dropped anytime soon, coady will soon be back, we might have this harewood guy coming in - whatever his promise may have been, and however good his attitude is, he's a bit part player in maresca's plans.  If he stays, he'll have to make do with LC games.

21 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We should play Vestergaard in the Matt Elliott role. 

In all seriousness, biggest thing for this game is to get some minutes into some legs - Albrighton, Vardy, Justin, Thomas - if he’s not going out on loan.

I would go:

Stolarczyk

Justin

Nelson

Vestergaard - maybe Castagne if he’s staying and Justin at CB.

Thomas

Choudhury 

Casadei

KDH

Albrighton 

Vardy

Akgun 

Should be enough there to get into the next round, with players given an opportunity to get upto the pace and be ready to step up if required.

Wouldn’t mind seeing someone like Richards on the bench and given a half an hour run around. 

I think that team would struggle horrendously - must of them have practically no game time so far this season - you'd have winks/ricardo replaced by hamza and either Thomas or JJ, both players Maresca has said can't play that role, and a front three of two players bang out of form, and a guy who has had one day's training, playing out of position.

I'd expect something similar to the Burton game:

Stolly,

JJ    Faes    Doyle 

- Hamza

winks

albrighton                             marcal

Casadei             Nacho

Vardy

Edited by Lillehamring

8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I think that team would struggle horrendously - must of them have practically no game time so far this season - you'd have winks/ricardo replaced by hamza and either Thomas or JJ, both players Maresca has said can't play that role, and a front three of two players bang out of form, and a guy who has had one day's training, playing out of position.

But apart from that it’s okay? 😂 

The only priority this season is getting promoted. I just think we need minutes into the legs of back up players, so they can be ready if called upon. 
We also don’t need to risk playing the likes of Winks and Ricardo in games like this.

37 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

But apart from that it’s okay? 😂 

The only priority this season is getting promoted. I just think we need minutes into the legs of back up players, so they can be ready if called upon. 
We also don’t need to risk playing the likes of Winks and Ricardo in games like this.

:D

I see your point and he certainly rested a few in the burton game - and I was preying through that game he'd sub winks off (which he did before the hour mark).

He might make a few more changes for this as tranmere are not as good as burton and also the players know the system better so maybe there's less need for players like winks  and KDH to be involved.