Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Tranmere (A) - 29 Aug 23 - Pre-Match Thread

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope Ben Nelson is given his 1st team debut tomorrow. Feels like he's been on the bench 10-20 times and never got a game, likewise Braybrooke who eventually got an appearance last season.

Maybe but given that our CBs don't play an extremely high intensity game and should be able to play twice in a week, I'd be happy if its just the first choice playing still tbh. They need to get the positioning and the partnership right especially in transition. The more practice the better especially given there's been no pre season. 

Happy to rotate everywhere else. 

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Their keeper for Wednesday (not played in the league so far but did in the last round of the cup) is Joe Murphy.

Who was their keeper in the cup final in 2000.

Was also the keeper Gallagher beat with that backwards header to complete his hat trick against Scunthorpe.

That's some career to be fair to him

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe but given that our CBs don't play an extremely high intensity game and should be able to play twice in a week, I'd be happy if its just the first choice playing still tbh. They need to get the positioning and the partnership right especially in transition. The more practice the better especially given there's been no pre season. 

Happy to rotate everywhere else. 

One injury and we're in a spot though aren't we as Souttar is evidently not going to be selected.

13 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I wouldn't risk Winks for this one. He's too important to our league campaign.

Chuck Wilf in for his final appearance instead.

Would have thought they go for Hamza? If a deal for Wilf is close surely he doesn’t travel. 

22 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Happy memories of an away trip to Tranmere with an Ormondroyd goal and a Phil Gee screamer to win it.

Anyone else at that game? It must have been early nineties 

I remember either a 3-2 or 4-3 or something like that around that time - from memory I think Walsh grabbed one for us - but they all seem to merge into one glorious day out these days - so it could have been that one.

2 hours ago, brisfox said:

Can’t see any. Ideas? You can listen to a stream on Foxeshub. Pretty rubbish really

Ya, lcfc.com states that an audio-only stream will be available, no video broadcast.

But someone previous in this thread stated that Bein Australia would be showing video, so there might be streams available.

Good god -- I pay the toll for ESPN+ as well as FoxesHub, and I still have to get my computer infected by some dodgy stream to watch the match.

The f'ing broadcast rights rules drive me off the edge.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I wouldn't risk Winks for this one. He's too important to our league campaign.

Chuck Wilf in for his final appearance instead.

I feel the same about Casedei. Could be a star - don't play him in this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Ya, lcfc.com states that an audio-only stream will be available, no video broadcast.

But someone previous in this thread stated that Bein Australia would be showing video, so there might be streams available.

Good god -- I pay the toll for ESPN+ as well as FoxesHub, and I still have to get my computer infected by some dodgy stream to watch the match.

The f'ing broadcast rights rules drive me off the edge.

I checked Bein Sports in Australia and they are not showing it.

• Thanks 1