Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Seriously I thought he did okay. 

Showed some good touches and passed into others moving into space well on  couple of occasions. 

He's been geographically and career wise all over the place over the last couple of weeks so in hindsight it was a big ask for him to come in and bring the house down. 

At just turned 23 years of age (very young from a man of my vintage) we need to get behind him. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

When the signing was announced, my wife, hearing it on Radio Leicester informed me that LCFC Women had signed a new player called Eunice Somethingorother.... :whistle:

Your wife has a better grasp of the situation than some of the posts on here!

• Haha 1

He did okay. Neat and tidy and worked hard. He did not have a go at the left back but did keep us in possession. First game. Give the lad a chance. His replacement was electric and if that is a sign of things to come he is going to be a player that will get you off your seat.

He was steady but unspectacular, I actually think he would benefit from a few games starting from the bench, so when he is introduced he will be playing against tired defenders which will give him an opportunity to show his skills and terrorise defenders, which will give him a chance to acclimatise and gain confidence, similar to the impact Fatawu had. 

I cannot believe we have fans writing him off after a 45 minute cameo against Tranmere, where he looked very good and had a similar performance to Fatawu, and then a 50 odd minute league debut. Some of our fanbase are complete and utter entitled helmets. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the fact he can play the 8 is big, he's left footed so provides cover/competition for KDH

Tbf he was chucked on there for a few minutes to rest KDH when we were 3 up and looked more like he was at 10 while Casadei dropped a bit deeper. 

Don't think we should read a lot in to it. I doubt he plays much at 8.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf he was chucked on there for a few minutes to rest KDH when we were 3 up and looked more like he was at 10 while Casadei dropped a bit deeper. 

Don't think we should read a lot in to it. I doubt he plays much at 8.

he apparently did at the club he was at prior to Galatasaray

On 16/09/2023 at 12:34, Naat said:

After watching the Southampton match yesterday,  I am thinking that it will not easy for Yunus to play in the first 11. McAteer is a quick and smart opportunistic young player and the team's form and talent level is much better than I thought it would be. It seems that Yunus can only play in some games but not much. Even Patson Daka and Ihenacho were on the bench because the team level was so good. Leicester have a strong chance to promote PL again this year and I don't think will wait another year for this success. 

It’s a long old season and the championship is a grueller, just wait til the midweek games start kicking in regularly. 

He’ll get his chances. 

• Like 1

Good news for Yunus!

Vincenzo Montella, his former manager at Adanademirspor, has been appointed as the head of the Turkish National Team. 

Montella is highly respected in Turkey and  he truly deserves this because  he is not only a very successul manager  but also his solidarity and being stand with  all people during big earthquake in Turkey is unforgettable for Turkish people.   

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/nazionali/20-09-2023/montella-torna-in-turchia-guidera-la-nazionale.shtml?refresh_cel

Montella said yes: he will return to Türkiye, he will lead the national team

Today in Istanbul with his staff for the signing. Three-year contract for European and World Championships
Selcuk Manav

September 20 - ISTANBUL

Today Vincenzo Montella will fly to Istanbul with his staff to sign the agreement that will bind him to the Turkish Federation for the next three years. Another Italian coach therefore finds a bench as coach of a national team. And the Turkish one has prestige, history, charm because in Turkey football is experienced with enormous passion and because the richest and most important clubs have been growing in terms of quality for years, thanks to investments in high-level players and coaches. 

APPRECIATED—  
Like Montella, on the other hand, who spent the last two seasons in Turkey at Adana, obtaining surprising results with a newly promising team taken from the relegation zone and brought this year to fourth place and the historic first qualification in the Conference. Vincenzo in Turkey was appreciated for the work done in depth, the seriousness, the valorization of the players, the game and obviously the results. But also on a human level. In the tragic moment last year when a large part of the country, including the city of Adana, was devastated by the earthquake, he launched solidarity initiatives and tried to exploit his notoriety in every way to raise the necessary funds to build prefabricated houses for those who had lost accommodation. Gestures that did not go unnoticed and which increased the consideration towards the technician who had immersed himself totally in the professional and human experience in Turkey. This is why after leaving Adana, at the end of an intense two-year period sportingly and emotionally, he was sought first by Fenerbahce and now by the national team, who convinced him with a three-year project which in the Federation's objectives includes first qualifying for the European Championships and then the one at the next World Cup. There is time and trust to open a cycle, results permitting. who convinced him with a three-year project which in the Federation's objectives includes first qualifying for the European Championships and then qualification for the next World Cup. There is time and trust to open a cycle, results permitting. who convinced him with a three-year project which in the Federation's objectives includes first qualifying for the European Championships and then qualification for the next World Cup. There is time and trust to open a cycle, results permitting. 

The Italian coach will bring with him his three collaborators (deputy, trainer and match analyst) who have had the experience at Adana and already know the Turkish reality. Today should be the day of signatures barring currently unforeseeable surprises. Then there will be time for presentations and to prepare the next commitments. Turkey is currently first in the qualifying group together with Croatia with 10 points (but with one game more). Behind the two favourites, Armenia and Wales follow on 7 points. On October 12th the first match in Croatia, then Latvia and the last match in November in Wales. A direct qualification is probable but as for Italy, the Nations League also offers the Turks a parachute for the Euro: having won group 1 of Serie C they still have the right to the playoff (for 1 place) with Greece, Kazakhstan and Georgia. Montella has always been the first choice of federal president Mehmet Büyükekşi who had fired the German coach Stefan Kuntz in office since September 2021. Today the white smoke. Then straight to work. Montella already knows the strengths and weaknesses of Turkish footballers who play in their homeland and in the major foreign leagues. The adventure is about to begin.

Adana Demirspor's coach Vincenzo Montella spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport...(a previous conversation not as of today)

Montella spoke highly of the Super League in his statement. In his speech, the Italian coach also made important statements about the passion of Turkish people for football.

However, Montella added that competing with big teams motivates him.

Here are important excerpts from Vincenzo Montella's interview...

"I am happy to be in Adana Demirspor and I am motivated to do better. We can grow even further. There are teams better equipped than us, but this encourages me. It is important for me to show that we are not equal."

"Türkiye IS NOT EASY"

Every country has its habits and traditions, this is not an easy league. As proof, we can show the Başakşehir - Fiorentina match. They defeated Fiorentina 3-0. You don't come here to rest. The stadiums are full and the people are very passionate about football. "When you lose, you can see the reaction."

Montella had previously coached giant teams such as Fiorentina, Sevilla, Milan and Roma.

Edited by Naat
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 12:53, Finnegan said:

Some of you don't deserve a football club. 

Fvck me. Why should any of these guys bother playing "for" you? I hate what a lot of this fanbase has become. 

Just fvck off back to supporting United or whatever you did before we won the league. 

I've come away from all of the FB groups too because of ridiculous comments flying around and sometimes from people who should know better. There's no middle ground anymore, no time for players to improve or to just say they were ok. I've not been totally impressed with all the signings either but some of our fanbase need a huge reality check about where we are and who plays here now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I've come away from all of the FB groups too because of ridiculous comments flying around and sometimes from people who should know better. There's no middle ground anymore, no time for players to improve or to just say they were ok. I've not been totally impressed with all the signings either but some of our fanbase need a huge reality check about where we are and who plays here now.

Apologies, I can’t tell from this whether you think Akgun is great or shit? 

30 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Apologies, I can’t tell from this whether you think Akgun is great or shit? 

Neither. He's barely had a chance to show some form, I'm holding back til he's actually played a few games. My point is our fanbase don't have a middle ground, won't give people a chance and players are automatically classed as world beaters or total sh1te after 20 minutes.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Neither. He's barely had a chance to show some form, I'm holding back til he's actually played a few games. My point is our fanbase don't have a middle ground, won't give people a chance and players are automatically classed as world beaters or total sh1te after 20 minutes.

He has been on the bench a few times,  so FT logic suggests a couple more times and he should be world class

28 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Agreed. I think yunus should be the middle ground a “world shite” player.