Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Guest Sideshow Faes

Kid needs a chance to acclimatise.

He had underwhelmed so far.

Thought he was practically invisible. A handful of times I can recall him being involved in about 60 minutes of play.

1 hour ago, jbflcfc said:

People who are slating him clearly do not have a very good understanding of football.

The kids come from a completely different league, does not speak the language & people think he’s going to be a world beater.

Personally thought he had a decent game, few good touches & linked up the play well.

Give the lad time, then we can judge him after a decent run of games.

After reading your first sentence I was hoping you were going to give some reasons to reassure me but you then go on to give pretty fundamental serious problems if he's not suited to the league and has language barrier that's getting in the way.

He was better tonight, more combative but looks nothing like the attacking wide player I thought he would be at all. Seems like a kind of old style wide midfielder to me. I put his safe performances before tonight down to confidence, hopefully not a mentality from a different league and not understanding those around him, otherwise he and us are f**ked!

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

I was impressed with him, even though I think there is more to come. 

His work rate and desire are excellent. 

I also love it when a new player coming into the squad is confident enough to be pointing out instructions. 

Seems a confident lad and I think he could be a very good signing as the season goes on. 

Was good imo, don't know how often he's played as an 8. Hard to make such an impact when Nacho and Casadei lost the ball almost every time. I think he'd have benefited from playing with Vardy and KDH tonight.

Edited by lgfualol

Would like to see him drop a bit deeper to dictate play a bit more. Think he needs to release the ball a fraction quicker too.

But I like that he can play that technical number 10 role. With Akgun, Casadei, Ndidi, KDH and Praet I think we have 5 players who are all good to great at this level in that number 8 role and the best thing is that they're all completely different to one another. Gives us great options.

Just now, StanSP said:

Good game from him today. Impressed with his work rate both attacking and defensively. 

Agreed, I think he was more than decent. Liverpool is the ultimate test when it comes to playing against a physical, pressing team and he coped pretty well for the most part.

It was funny how he got subbed after giving away his first loose pass though!