Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Doesn't have the energy and all action style of KDH but he probably has a more consistent touch. Hard against Liverpool of course but was a bit slow to make his mind up at times and doesn't have the pace to run past players. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Curious one is Yunus. Played the majority of his career as a right winger, but bar his full debut vs Hull where he wasn't very good, he's played as an 8 and got better and better in recent weeks. Some say he's lightweight but the amount of times he also wins the ball when he's supposedly being lightweight is impressing me.

I'd like to see him run with the ball more. Enzo signed him because he was supposedly strong 1 v 1, but maybe they've quickly realised in the short term his skill at being efficient with the ball in close areas serve us better as an 8. Either way it was a good display tonight.

He weren't happy he came off though!!!

Which is good to see! He played decent. Casadei had a nightmare and couldn't deal with the pace all game. Yunus could, and can feel a bit hard done by because he was far from the worst offender.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevosevic said:

He’s getting sharper and fitter.

Can see him starting games if Ndidi loses a bit of form. 

To be fair it’s KDHs door he is knocking on. He is more skilful but doesn’t quite have the energy. The 2 can compliment each other. 

His performance merits involvement at the weekend.

He was a much needed beacon of control and composure last night. I bet he could even do a job in the winks role.

Got plenty in his locker, just a slight shame he doesn’t quite have that extra lick of pace.

I think we’ll see some decent contributions from him this season - for me he’s way ahead of Casadei at present.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Harsh on McAteer!

...Mavididi will get a lot of room with Blackburn being on the front foot!!!

Fatawu still looks like he will be a match-winner, but the end product is not there at the moment and we might seemingly have to wait for his contribution, somewhere down the line. He will start but McAteer will definitely be coming on pretty soon into the second half if Fatawu is still firing blanks.

Would love to see Akgun as one of the 8's, he looks a bit of a schemer and we need that sort of creativity within the team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

His performance merits involvement at the weekend.

He was a much needed beacon of control and composure last night. I bet he could even do a job in the winks role.

Got plenty in his locker, just a slight shame he doesn’t quite have that extra lick of pace.

I think we’ll see some decent contributions from him this season - for me he’s way ahead of Casadei at present.

My Gran would be ahead of CC at the moment... and she's been dead for about 60 years!

On 27/09/2023 at 22:31, Ric Flair said:

Curious one is Yunus. Played the majority of his career as a right winger, but bar his full debut vs Hull where he wasn't very good, he's played as an 8 and got better and better in recent weeks. Some say he's lightweight but the amount of times he also wins the ball when he's supposedly being lightweight is impressing me.

I'd like to see him run with the ball more. Enzo signed him because he was supposedly strong 1 v 1, but maybe they've quickly realised in the short term his skill at being efficient with the ball in close areas serve us better as an 8. Either way it was a good display tonight.

He weren't happy he came off though!!!

I wonder if mcateer form and the fact we didn’t get mcatee we trying to get him there until January? 

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Mavididi will get a lot of room with Blackburn being on the front foot!!!

Fatawu still looks like he will be a match-winner, but the end product is not there at the moment and we might seemingly have to wait for his contribution, somewhere down the line. He will start but McAteer will definitely be coming on pretty soon into the second half if Fatawu is still firing blanks.

Would love to see Akgun as one of the 8's, he looks a bit of a schemer and we need that sort of creativity within the team.

Bit harsh on Fatawu. I was expecting him to be very raw, but his decision making is surprisingly good. He could easily have had a number of goals and assists after his first few games for us,  if it hadn't been for poor finishing by others or hitting the post himself. He should also have won us a penalty last night, had it not been for poor officiating.