Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

On 27/09/2023 at 22:44, South Shire Fox said:

Looked much better tonight. Think he suits the 10 position far more then out wide

If we want him at number 10 then we'll need to vote for him in the next election then he'll need to be able to shoot...

Edited by PhillippaT

19 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

His pass to KDH is what KDH is missing in his game

Agreed, but he did seem to get it right more often as he drifted in off the right towards the end of the match. Maybe worth trying him as the right sided #8

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Should have been greedier and go his shot away near the end, could have been 5.

Agreed, and I wonder if this might be why he's been moved to this position from the wing. The Galatasaray fans said that he was technically very competent, and hard-working, but lacked composure in the final third, especially when one on one. He was originally signed as a winger, but he seems better centrally as one of the 8's in our system. He's really aware, plays between the lines really well and has an excellent weight of pass. He's a classic case of a better provider rather than finisher, and you need both in a team!

Him and Fatawu look promising to me. If they both keep it up I suspect they will be signed permanently. Yunus will get all of January to himself with Ndidi away for AFCON, that will really be his time to shine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Agreed, but he did seem to get it right more often as he drifted in off the right towards the end of the match. Maybe worth trying him as the more right sided #8

KDH was utter dog poo today.

Such an annoying player.

Gives us so much in terms of energy, and we miss that when he doesn't play, but his decision making, and often delaying of a pass is doing my head in!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

KDH was utter dog poo today.

Such an annoying player.

Gives us so much in terms of energy, and we miss that when he doesn't play, but his decision making, and often delaying of a pass is doing my head in!

I agree with you but here's the crazy thing, KDH is the top ranked player statistically in the division:

VGVx56f.png

Really what this chart says is that if KDH had better decision-making / was more clinical, he would be an ELITE midfielder. As in playing for Liverpool / Man City / Arsenal. The stats show all other areas of his game are among the very best. So that's the frustrating thing, he is still overall good, the stats prove it. But he could be truly exceptional with just some small improvements.

I think it says a lot that Ndidi this season looks to have better decision making than KDH lol

• Like 2

Great option to bring off the bench to inject some energy into the squad. Gave us a decent option down the left. Can he play in all 3 positions in attacking midfield - left, right and centre?

He's seemed adequate in all so far, which just adds to all our versatility. 

40 minutes ago, Mark said:

Agreed, but he did seem to get it right more often as he drifted in off the right towards the end of the match. Maybe worth trying him as the right sided #8

I do t think he’d work on the right side as he’s so left footed. He literally hasn’t got a right foot it seems (not a criticism, every player has weaknesses) 

I think if you put him him on the right it nullifies a quick to ball to the right winger because he has to go across his body to use his left foot.

I know that sounds silly because he obviously has to come inside from the left at times but a defender always shows you the outside. I say this from a place of being totally one footed myself and if I’m put on the left I’ll cut in on my right every single time and get found out quite quickly. I just want to clarify I’m also not comparing myself to a professional footballer in any way haha

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

There was a lot of nay sayers after his first game. He has played 2 quality balls in 2 games that led to goals. Looks sharp and smart. Like him a lot. Very different to Mavadidi and Fatawu.

I don't see him as competition for their places, I see him more in the Ndidi and KDH 8 positions, clever enough at this level to be feeding Vardy and Nacho and unlike KDH he might play a pass within 30 seconds of receiving the ball.

• Like 1