Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Just now, Unabomber said:

Nah I mean before we signed him as he seems to be playing quite centrally from what I’ve seen. 

I think he had played in the middle but from what I gathered, he was predominantly a RWer. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nah I mean before we signed him as he seems to be playing quite centrally from what I’ve seen. 

He had played as both an 8 and as a winger. He's quite a versatile player, and that's where the Bernardo Silva comparisons come from, who has also played in various attacking positions excellently for multiple clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

According to transfermarkt he played all last season as a RW.

Yes but Galatasaray (and most turkish teams) are playing very differently (as you'll see GS against M. Utd at tuesday). Almost all turkish teams plays 4 2 3 1 and the wingers are expected to be inside or close to the box scoring&passing. Also the game is very physical and the referees are quite lenient so  Yunus was not strong enough for number 8 at GS. I'm really happy that he is contributing and hope to see leicester at EPL again. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Something I like about him, and want him to do well. 

But needs to be shooting. Twice he could have shot but tried crossing. 

That's his weakness, doesn't have the conviction to shoot on sight. Hopefully they'll push him to do so as he's technically brilliant.

On that second chance where he checks back inside, to be fair to him I think he's expecting the defender to come sliding across for the block and his check inside would have left him with an easier shot if the defender had done so. Unfortunately the defender didn't have the energy to do that at that point in the game so instead of cheekily taking him out of the game he's blown the opportunity.  He'll suss it.

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

A very tidy little player.

I still don’t think he makes our strongest starting 11 but what a great squad player who could be very handy (if) we get promoted too.

What is our strongest 11? I can name 6 or 7 definite starters at best.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm surprised we've not seen more of Yunus, whenever he comes on he looks good, getting involved it lots of goals either with the assist or pre-assist. £8M is it to buy him outright? I think we will buy him based on what I've seen so far. Despite his small frame, he can handle the physicality of the English game.

Yeah compulsory for around £8m if he plays in something like 60% of the games from when he joined

Same with Fatawu for about £15m I believe

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Yeah compulsory for around £8m if he plays in something like 60% of the games from when joined

With the notorious "Premier League Tax TM" those prices are very good. Yunus impressed me against Liverpool, which for me showed he could play in the Premier League. Maybe he's not a top 7 PL player, but 8M for a player that could play for a team between 8-12th place is a very good deal.

He's played in 4 different positions now, and been quite good in all of them. Not yet exploded like McAteer or Ndidi but pretty solid. He is definitely having an impact when he comes on, and not too bad when starting either.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

With the notorious "Premier League Tax TM" those prices are very good. Yunus impressed me against Liverpool, which for me showed he could play in the Premier League. Maybe he's not a top 7 PL player, but 8M for a player that could play for a team between 8-12th place is a very good deal.

He's played in 4 different positions now, and been quite good in all of them. Not yet exploded like McAteer or Ndidi but pretty solid. He is definitely having an impact when he comes on, and not too bad when starting either.

I think he's the sort of player that can transform into a top 6 quality player in a good system with a good manager. He has the talent and the intelligence/decision making.

For me he just lacks the confidence/killer instinct that top players have. If he can get into the mindset where he expects to be one of the best players on the pitch and scoring goals then i think he could be really good.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think he's the sort of player that can transform into a top 6 quality player in a good system with a good manager. He has the talent and the intelligence/decision making.

For me he just lacks the confidence/killer instinct that top players have. If he can get into the mindset where he expects to be one of the best players on the pitch and scoring goals then i think he could be really good.

This is by far the most impressive thing about the player, as decision-making is the hardest thing to get right in football. 

• Like 2

He just looks such a decent player whenever I see him. Similar to Fatawu, neither have set the world alight yet, but both just ooze quality and energy. Still early of course but they are two players I would absolutely be excited to take up with us and see how they would do in the Premier League. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is a good point. With the “tax”, we would be better off buying players while we are still fighting in the Championship. 

I like Yunus from the little we have seen of him so far. It was good to have him as an option to come in when Mavididi was having a bad day yesterday. In fact, I am more excited by Yunus than Mavididi - Mavididi is so far a little too self conscious but I remember Maddison being a bit like that (in a different way though) so who knows if he can add better decision making to his game he can be excellent.

For me though Fatawu is an even greater prospect with his explosive pace and control.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah compulsory for around £8m if he plays in something like 60% of the games from when he joined

I thought I read somewhere it is based on whether we get promoted?

Basing it on games can be a tricky one. As we see with Daka, he is not playing because apparently he has reached the number of games before we need to make another payment? Ideally, we use him as well rather than let him sit on the bench (with his pace he will still be killing it in the Championship). It is a bit of a shame to see him rot there.

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought I read somewhere it is based on whether we get promoted?

Basing it on games can be a tricky one. As we see with Daka, he is not playing because apparently he has reached the number of games before we need to make another payment? Ideally, we use him as well rather than let him sit on the bench (with his pace he will still be killing it in the Championship). It is a bit of a shame to see him rot there.

I believe the only thing based on promotion, is the size of fee. Especially with Akgun, I think it increases by Around 1 million euros. However; it still requires triggering by the number of appearances.

I've liked him from the first I saw him, reminds me of Muzzy somewhat. tenacious, skilful, thoughtful, fast, good going forward, likes a tackle and a team player.

• Like 3