Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

1 minute ago, davieG said:

I've liked him from the first I saw him, reminds me of Muzzy somewhat. tenacious, skilful, thoughtful, fast, good going forward, likes a tackle and a team player.

One of the best summaries of a player I've ever read on this forum.

If you have the power to gift me three thousand rep points, now is the time to abuse your position.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought I read somewhere it is based on whether we get promoted?

Basing it on games can be a tricky one. As we see with Daka, he is not playing because apparently he has reached the number of games before we need to make another payment? Ideally, we use him as well rather than let him sit on the bench (with his pace he will still be killing it in the Championship). It is a bit of a shame to see him rot there.

Pretty much a baseless rumour, particularly since we played him last week v Liverpool 

6 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

One of the best summaries of a player I've ever read on this forum.

If you have the power to gift me three thousand rep points, now is the time to abuse your position.  

Muzzy could also score and do a good header, not seen that from Yunus yet.

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Got a lot about him but I do think he's better centrally where he can get on the ball a bit more and dictate.

Love his work rate.

I agree. Also, he doesn't seem interested at all to take on a player and beat him. He would rather look for the pass and I think that's more suited to our #8 roles. 

Still a good option for something different out wid but I do think he can do more damage inside. 

I like him so far. Seems to have a good attitude and workrate as well as some quality. Still relatively young too. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I agree. Also, he doesn't seem interested at all to take on a player and beat him. He would rather look for the pass and I think that's more suited to our #8 roles. 

Still a good option for something different out wid but I do think he can do more damage inside. 

I like him so far. Seems to have a good attitude and workrate as well as some quality. Still relatively young too. 

He had an outrageous take on in one of the two match … can’t remember which one. He was right on the touchline and beat two I think. He has the skills and ability to take on men.   

• Thanks 1

Just now, casablancas said:

He had an outrageous take on in one of the two match … can’t remember which one. He was right on the touchline and beat two I think. He has the skills and ability to take on men.   

I think he does too. I'm not saying he can't, I'm saying he seems hesitant to do it. Wether he doubt his pace, I don't know and its not a criticism, there is more than one way to skin a cat. It's just an observation that he's not quite as direct as AFI or Mavididi. 

26 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Did it on the touch line against two players last night . Brilliant bit of skill 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I thought I read somewhere it is based on whether we get promoted?

Basing it on games can be a tricky one. As we see with Daka, he is not playing because apparently he has reached the number of games before we need to make another payment? Ideally, we use him as well rather than let him sit on the bench (with his pace he will still be killing it in the Championship). It is a bit of a shame to see him rot there.

Techncially I believe it is both haha

It is if they play something like 60% of games from when they joined and we are promoted

If we don't get promoted, then it is just an option to buy

11 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think he's the sort of player that can transform into a top 6 quality player in a good system with a good manager. He has the talent and the intelligence/decision making.

For me he just lacks the confidence/killer instinct that top players have. If he can get into the mindset where he expects to be one of the best players on the pitch and scoring goals then i think he could be really good.

...you do know who you are describing, don't you!!!

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The club have done very well to address the winger problem with three very decent signings. Credit where it's due. 

:appl:

...it took a manager who utilise wingers as an essential part of their strategy to bring them in!!! It was criminal our inability to bring in players, especially for the RW.

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Impressed by him again last night. The ball just seems to stick to his feet, not sure with his lack of pace whether he’d hack it in the Prem as a winger though aka Knockaert

Had the pace when he needed it but I do not think that's his game, seems more the tricky annoying close in player that will draw others in for a killer pass, to leave space or win a foul.

When he needed speed he turned it on to reach the ball when required to stop the opposition from attacking, so he can defend his wing too.

• Like 1

Think he could be more of a cover for Winks or KDH than the wingers. Seems clever and skillful enough to play as an 8 or a 6. How we use pace on the wings maybe isn't so much his game especially with Wanya and McAteer backing up Fatawu and Stephy already.

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-enzo-maresca-8812725

Leicester City notebook: Enzo Maresca changes Yunus Akgun view and names teams he most enjoys
The latest news from Leicester City as Enzo Maresca alters his view on Yunus Akgun's best position

ByJordan Blackwell
19:28, 6 OCT 2023UPDATED20:34, 6 OCT 2023

Back in early September, following the final week of the transfer window and the arrivals of Yunus Akgun and Abdul Fatawu, Leicester City manager Enzo Maresca suggested they would be rivals for the spot on the right wing.

It was the position that both had occupied during their careers at Galatasaray and Sporting Lisbon respectively, and it was the position they both preferred. But having now seen Yunus in training for six weeks or so, Maresca does not see his best role as being out wide.

Yunus came on as a substitute against Southampton in central midfield, and then started there in City's win over Norwich before reprising the role against Liverpool. Back then, Maresca saw him as a winger who could be an option in the middle, particularly with Dennis Praet out injured, saying: “He is a winger who loves to come inside so we can think to use him as an attacking midfielder.”

But while Yunus featured on the right when he came on as a substitute against Preston in midweek, Maresca has said he now believes the Turkish international’s best position is in the middle. It’s the place from where he got assists for Kasey McAteer and Kiernan

“He can do more,” Maresca said this week. “He is adapting very well. He gave us two assists against Liverpool and Blackburn. He arrived here not 100 per cent but now he is getting better. For sure he can give us much, much, much more, no doubt.”

“For me, he’s more an inside player than a winger. Sometimes he has to play as a winger. But for me he’s more an inside player than a winger.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2