Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I like him, looks a very clever player, and getting better the more he plays.

...surprised he was the one that came off and not Casadei, was fatigue an issue!!!

I wanted to see if we could drop him into the #8 role with Mavididi coming in on the left. I certainly think he is much better centrally than on the wing.

I wonder if Casadei is this year's Soumare, in the sense that we are expecting certain things from him, but it is not what he does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surprised he was the one that came off and not Casadei, was fatigue an issue!!!

I wanted to see if we could drop him into the #8 role with Mavididi coming in on the left. I certainly think he is much better centrally than on the wing.

I wonder if Casadei is this year's Soumare, in the sense that we are expecting certain things from him, but it is not what he does.

Yeh but soumare didn't do anything !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I certainly think Yunus can play inside, he looks a clever player, but I also thought he was decent today out wide too.

Casadei, was decent today I thought, but without really affecting the game much.

Looked to have more physicality today, and so not being knocked off the ball so easily, as has been the case in some of his other games, and he put a shift in.

More to come from him hopefully.

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

I seem to see the game differently to a lot of you. I thought he was our worst player by a distance. Though I would have considered moving him inside for Casadei who didn't do much. Akgun was playing on the wing but didn't beat a player once. Just controlled and played backwards 90% of the time. Doesn't seem to have the pace to run with the ball. Found him very frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

I seem to see the game differently to a lot of you. I thought he was our worst player by a distance. Though I would have considered moving him inside for Casadei who didn't do much. Akgun was playing on the wing but didn't beat a player once. Just controlled and played backwards 90% of the time. Doesn't seem to have the pace to run with the ball. Found him very frustrating.

You visionary 

• Haha 2

Guest Sideshow Faes
51 minutes ago, casablancas said:

You visionary 

I wasn't claiming to be. Most people gave him positive write ups here, while I thought he wasn't very good. Hence, I saw the game differently to others. Maybe try to control your judgementalism. 

55 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Would persist with Abdul and Yunus as our main wingers for a few games, they have a higher ceiling than Mavididi.

Mavididi has the best mix of pace and technical ability out of all three. His issue is shooting/decision making and drifting out of the game, all of which are coachable. I would argue he has the highest ceiling out of the three but he is older than the other two so it's not guaranteed he can fulfill that potential whereas Akgun and Fatawu are undoubtably going to develop.

• Like 1

Turkish National Football Team, which will face Croatia and Latvia in the EURO 2024 Qualifiers, has been announced.

Coach Vincenza Montella's assistants have also been announced.
The first squad of new coach Vincenza Montella is as follows

Son dakika: A Milli Takım aday kadrosu açıklandı Montellanın ilk seçimi...

• Like 3

On 07/10/2023 at 20:14, Sideshow Faes said:

I understand what you mean. I didn't think he did much with possession when receiving it out wide. He was tidy, but nothing more. However I think he's a good player who would offer more centrally or in a floating Maddison role. He's totally different to Stephy, Fats and Kasey. He offers an alternative. But needs to be utilised correctly. 

• Like 2

On 07/10/2023 at 20:14, Sideshow Faes said:

I do rate the lad but he’s a different type of winger to what most of our fans seem to crave from a wide man… ie Mavididi and Fatawu who are both very direct where as Akgun is a safe player which is exactly what the Gala fans on here told us we’d be getting… again that’s not a bad thing in my eyes as he’ll keep us ticking over playing the percentages rather than just aimlessly whip balls in for fun! As others have said I see him as a Bernardo Silva esq player which isn’t a bad thing nor is the 2 assists he’s already bagged from pretty limited game time! 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 4

I don't know why but I get the feeling this guy is going to catch fire soon.

He seems to be feeling his way into playing how Maresca wants, and being tried out in multiple positions.  But I just feel as though in some game soon he's going to absolutely run the show from start to finish from whatever role he's been given.

4 hours ago, Naat said:

Turkish National Football Team, which will face Croatia and Latvia in the EURO 2024 Qualifiers, has been announced.

Coach Vincenza Montella's assistants have also been announced.
The first squad of new coach Vincenza Montella is as follows

Son dakika: A Milli Takım aday kadrosu açıklandı Montellanın ilk seçimi...

Soyuncu injured or dropped?