Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

I have to say he should be ahead of Fatawu. Fatawu is still too raw and his decision making suspect. He scored but in a way he was a bit clumsy in doing so. Nothing compared to the goal Yunus scored for Turkey.

In any event, from what I have seen so far, Yunus has better control of the ball than Fatawu. I guess Fatawu has more explosive pace and perhaps the reason why he has been playing so far.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I have to say he should be ahead of Fatawu. Fatawu is still too raw and his decision making suspect. He scored but in a way he was a bit clumsy in doing so. Nothing compared to the goal Yunus scored for Turkey.

In any event, from what I have seen so far, Yunus has better control of the ball than Fatawu. I guess Fatawu has more explosive pace and perhaps the reason why he has been playing so far.

The balance of selection, and Enzo weekly selection stragedy, we will see later in the winter months, also long period between Int. break & who he considers, are returning, still in an all round strong GAMESET mood.. 

FATAWU, is still raw & young.. AGUN has a bit more higher level experience. 

Many forget, Enzo his still feeling out his players, against orders &  style He besoes on them & wants to see.. who can serve him in different ways, during periods of any game/period.. 

Edited by fuchsntf

• 2 months later...

Hoping I’ve got this massively wrong and Akgun turns out to be a fraction good as our previous Turkish maestro muzzy Izzet, but really not sure about this kid. I’ve watched him every game he’s played for us this season, and I’m struggling to see the case to make it permanent? Kinda hoping we don’t trigger his appearances this season whereby we become contractually obliged to buy him. Could be h s absolute class and is just struggling to adapt to English culture and LCFC, but he’s certainly not been pulling up any trees yet in 1st half of season

5 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Hoping I’ve got this massively wrong and Akgun turns out to be a fraction good as our previous Turkish maestro muzzy Izzet, but really not sure about this kid. I’ve watched him every game he’s played for us this season, and I’m struggling to see the case to make it permanent? Kinda hoping we don’t trigger his appearances this season whereby we become contractually obliged to buy him. Could be h s absolute class and is just struggling to adapt to English culture and LCFC, but he’s certainly not been pulling up any trees yet in 1st half of season

I think a fair assessment is “too early to judge pile”.

He clearly has an eye for a pass and seems to work hard for the team BUT I don’t know which position he actually fits in our current set up.

I don’t think he has that acceleration to play as one of our wingers nor the athleticism to play the 8 - that’s my biggest worry.

Hopefully he stays fit and kicks on as he’s shown glimpses of promise in his stop/start time here so far.

• Like 1

Not judging him on his 10 minutes today, although it annoyed me that he gave the ball away playing into the middle literally seconds after he only just got a pass through into the same area. But just not sure whether he's good enough at anything to get him into this team. 

Needs a run of starts to really show what he can do but personally be in no rush to sign him in the summer. Unless it's an obligation 

Edited by RowlattsFox

11 hours ago, Notting your mums forest said:

He’s more Ghezzal than Muzzy 

• Like 1

I think first he needs to forget his injury period because as I understand by his speechs. Has a fear of losing his place at National Team is so obvious and he has believed while he is gone he has lost his place. Just clear this by your mind. If you cannot it will be like last season ın Galatasaray

• Like 1

He's been injured and barely had any consistent game time really.  Far too early to judge at this point imo.  

Thought it was a slightly odd situation to throw him into yesterday given the state of the game and the Ipswich press. 

If he gets more consistent time during AFCON then we might be able to start forming some more objective opinions on how good, or not, he is. 

I know him for a long time I mean he is from our academy and this Fragile mind-set had always been a problem. Actually strange that Almost all of(Ozan Kabak has gone Europe) his 2000 generation ın academy has been losts and now they have playing Devisions 2-3 maybe lower and when we have sent hım to Adana which had been ın second devision and with his contrubution they have promoted to Super League. If he wants to stay this time he will but he needs to find this mind-set again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Half his time here gone, can't say he's made any meaningful impact on many games and seems quite fragile which isn't a good mix with Seagrave. 

Totally agree. He's had his injuries, granted. But he's been mostly anonymous when he has played.

Ghezzal had played for Leicester? I didnt know that. Beşiktaş must like making transfers labeled by Leicester then 😅Ghezzal has been injured nearly 1.5 Years and his condition is so bad that the last Time has played he have injured ın 4 minutes and left the pitch.... 

I think he's probably become a bit of a victim of being used in multiple positions. He is pretty versatile but its meant hes not really excelled anywhere. Against Rotherham he was very steady as Fatawu's replacement but offered none of the tools that Fatawu has, but in a way that game needed a steadier player at that point and Abdul was on a yellow. Yesterday, he was a really poor replacement for KDH, but to be fair i think KDH has improved massively in the last 10 games. When you've barely played in a role, it's hard to replace KDH in a pretty intense scenario. 

Probably needs to be given a role and be given the opportunity to do well in it.

• Like 1