Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

he’s a number 10 that we are trying to make an 8… simply because fatawu is better than I think we expected him to be. 

Very naive to bring him on yesterday given the context of the game… even more strange when we’d brought on casadei as well. 

Enzo clearly felt comfortable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Slowly being turned into a Bernado type player. Looking better the more minutes he gets. Think he could become really, really good to be honest.

Got loads of potential, just needs to relax a bit in front of goal.

• Like 2

Was fine today, the sort of game that suits him when we are recycling possession at lot but probably needs to do a bit more creatively. Shame his 2 shots at goal fell on to his right foot. 

Still question marks on whether he'd be worth the investment long term, I would still say no, but can play his role this season. 

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

Never really got a run in the side so now is his chance. Liked what I saw. He also looked buzzing after every goal lol 

He deffo loves it here. Has great energy about him and loves to celebrate. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

He deffo loves it here. Has great energy about him and loves to celebrate. 

I know it’s such a simple thing and especially after last season it’s nice seeing players look like they enjoy it 

• Like 3

I feel like we could put Benson and Hedges in this team and they’d both bag a brace..

if this was a game of football manager, we’d be playing a ‘ cheat’ formation and tactics.

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

I know it’s such a simple thing and especially after last season it’s nice seeing players look like they enjoy it 

100%. Seeing the same with Stephy and Abdul too. Love to see it. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Much better 2nd half today. 

100% , first half wad poor but came looking for that ball and got a lot more joy. Ahead of CC for the spare 8 spot during Afcon

I thought he played well. He was very busy, particularly when spaces started to open up as Huddersfield were forced to attack in the 2nd half. He’s got quick feet and is clearly an intelligent footballer. As he plays more and gets used to the physicality and the speed of English football I think he’ll be a real asset. 

• Like 2

Think that was the dictionary definition of growing into a game. Little bit hesitant with a heavy touch a few times first half but his influence and performance improved second half. Looks a player and hope he can push on second half of the season.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Think that was the dictionary definition of growing into a game. Little bit hesitant with a heavy touch a few times first half but his influence and performance improved second half. Looks a player and hope he can push on second half of the season.

He looked and appeared so lost throughout most of the game, drifting around. 

He grew into the game as Huddersfield declined more than anything 

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Played well today. He reminds me a little of Maddison. Picking those pockets between the lines. Much more suited to a faster tempo. So he gets space quickly. And his small stature becomes less of an issue. Slow play leaves him exposed to getting muscled off the ball. 

I like him, and I think he’ll get better in time, but I don’t see the Madders comparison. Reminds me more of Perez if I’m honest 🙈