Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I like him, and I think he’ll get better in time, but I don’t see the Madders comparison. Reminds me more of Perez if I’m honest 🙈

I know what you mean re Perez. But Yunus hits the deck far less often than Anyone. And at least he recycles. Perez could be a black hole. If the ball went in there, it never came back out!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I know what you mean re Perez. But Yunus hits the deck far less often than Anyone. And at least he recycles. Perez could be a black hole. If the ball went in there, it never came back out!!!

I can understand why some would be critical of him. But I see some potential there, seems a passionate player. Had some good ideas today they just didn’t materialise.

• Like 3

It must be difficult coming into a side and be expected to be up to speed from the first minute. I enjoyed how he grew into the game and with more minutes under his belt, I think there is a decent player in there who can make a positive contribution.

• Like 4

Just now, brucey said:

Currently at 14 appearances. After 25 appearances, we become obligated to buy for 10m euros. Do we reckon we end up triggering it if he stays fit? 

I'm not at all convinced it would be a good deal tbh. He was decent second half today after an anonymous first half, but he would be Ghezzal mark 2 in the PL, I reckon. 

• Like 2

Seems I’m in the minority here but just a bit of a show pony to me with little or no end product. If he can’t shine against defences like Huddersfield then he has no chance in the PL.

TBF he hasn’t had much game time so let’s see how he gets on whilst Wilf is away

14 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Seems I’m in the minority here but just a bit of a show pony to me with little or no end product. If he can’t shine against defences like Huddersfield then he has no chance in the PL.

TBF he hasn’t had much game time so let’s see how he gets on whilst Wilf is away

Agree with this. I must admit I can't seem him going beyond this season and Premier league no chance.

• Like 1

I think he's a player with lots of close ball ability who in and around the final third can be dynamite when full of confidence, his performances so far have been that of a player learning how to fit in to a new team. The game he played in the CL before signing for us shows what he can do.

• Like 1

With Ndidi gone Enzo could play KDH and Yunus together but there is the risk that it’s a bit lightweight and you’d be taking KDH away from what he is doing now as he would need to play the slightly deeper 8 role so Yunus could be higher up the pitch. That’s why I think initially Enzo is gonna play Casadei with KDH as he’s a bigger body and more robust.

Like Yunus though, said initially when he signed he reminded me of Bernardo Silva and definitely think in English football at least he would be better playing centrally. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brucey said:

Currently at 14 appearances. After 25 appearances, we become obligated to buy for 10m euros. Do we reckon we end up triggering it if he stays fit? 

I think he would have to show more in the next few months.  

Wouldn't be surprised if he end up playing 23 or 24 games.

The fact we have been linked with other 8s would suggest the club hierarchy isn't convinced.

However with the contract situation of Ndidi, Praet and with Casadei returning to Chelsea in the summer, the club my see him as a cheap squad filler 10m euros is around 8.6m.

We a system heavily relent on two 8's we will be in the market for at least a couple in the summer.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox

Will probably get shot down but do not rate him tbh.  Maybe it's the championship that does not suit him but I think he is slow and predictable.  Hope I am proved wrong but I think he is not someone we should pursue. Opinion only.

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

With Ndidi gone Enzo could play KDH and Yunus together but there is the risk that it’s a bit lightweight and you’d be taking KDH away from what he is doing now as he would need to play the slightly deeper 8 role so Yunus could be higher up the pitch. That’s why I think initially Enzo is gonna play Casadei with KDH as he’s a bigger body and more robust.

Like Yunus though, said initially when he signed he reminded me of Bernardo Silva and definitely think in English football at least he would be better playing centrally. 

I was thinking this, I'd be very surprised if Enzo ever went with a midfield 3 of Winks, KDH and Yunus. Especially away from home so Casadei always gets the nod when Ndidi doesn't play. Going to be difficult for Yunus to get any consistent game time.