Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

I like him, as Ginger Fox says very much in the Bernardo Silva role, very technically gifted and therefore operates superbly well in tight spaces and he does have good vision and the ability to play slide rule passes that create goal scoring opportunities. At the moment he is still taking a bit of time acclimatising to the physicality of English football and the championship but I think we will persevere and next season really reap the rewards. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I thought he was the weak link in the team yesterday. Probably too small to play centrally.

Yes, agree. Ok going forward, but looks vulnerable when linking up centrally when we are playing out from the back. First touch when facing our goal can be heavy. Just needs coaching in this area. 

• Like 1

It’s hard not to like him. I think the signing fee agreement would be between 6-7 million, for me if he puts in another 7-10 starts(out of remaining 20 league games) and performs like that, it’s a no brainer. When we consider the fees we’ve shelled out for Soumare, Silva, Ghezzal and others similar in the premier league, he might be a smart buy as a rotation option. However, it’s a big ‘if’, as to whether he can play in the amount of games I’ve listed, due to others being available and most importantly, his own availability. Nonetheless, even if he doesn’t sign permanently, he’s not a bad player, it’s just not worked out for various reasons.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If he shows the grit and determination to match his technical ability then he's got every chance of a very good career. I like him, but I do fear it'll be very difficult for him to prosper in English football.

It definitely doesn't help him that he's being asked to cover a box to box midfield role though, to be fair, which I don't think is either his game or why we signed him. 

I doubt we were expecting Fatawu to be this consistent and I think we were hoping to get in an extra midfielder in the summer. 

We literally had McAtee at the training ground before Sheff Utd came back last minute, no? 

Then Praet gets injured to compound the shortage and Casadei has struggled to find his feet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

It’s hard not to like him. I think the signing fee agreement would be between 6-7 million, for me if he puts in another 7-10 starts(out of remaining 20 league games) and performs like that, it’s a no brainer. When we consider the fees we’ve shelled out for Soumare, Silva, Ghezzal and others similar in the premier league, he might be a smart buy as a rotation option. However, it’s a big ‘if’, as to whether he can play in the amount of games I’ve listed, due to others being available and most importantly, his own availability. Nonetheless, even if he doesn’t sign permanently, he’s not a bad player, it’s just not worked out for various reasons.

It’s a good fee to pay for him I agree, I don’t  for one minute think he could play centrally in the premier league though so therefore probably best leaving him in Turkey and using the money elsewhere.

Just now, mod hero said:

It’s a good fee to pay for him I agree, I don’t  for one minute think he could play centrally in the premier league though so therefore probably best leaving him in Turkey and using the money elsewhere.

You might be right but let’s see him with a run of games in that position, however he might not even get a run of games!

Struggling to understand the logic in signing a guy who plays as a winger/attacking mid and has 1 assist and no goals to his name at a lower level than we are likely to be at next season.

In that first half yesterday we had 3/4 good opportunities to counter and every time he jogged half arsed or had his back to play. Granted he was better second half but still.

With the volume of players we will need to sign in the summer, I can’t see him being a priority.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, westernpark said:

If the fee was that I'd say it would be worth signing him. We are going to need bodies and some that are already familiar with Enzo and his methods. Sometimes flourish more at the higher level, when they have a bit more space space work. I don't think he would be a starter but can provide utility. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It definitely doesn't help him that he's being asked to cover a box to box midfield role though, to be fair, which I don't think is either his game or why we signed him. 

I doubt we were expecting Fatawu to be this consistent and I think we were hoping to get in an extra midfielder in the summer. 

We literally had McAtee at the training ground before Sheff Utd came back last minute, no? 

Then Praet gets injured to compound the shortage and Casadei has struggled to find his feet. 

I wad pleased to see we tried to tweak it for him to be more of a 10 than the role KDH or Ndidi play. That's correct. You can't get him playing box to box, not without a strong runner next to him which Casadei isn't.

He has ability 

Nobody is going to say ‘sign him up now’ based on what little we’ve seen of him

If he can start to establish himself and get plenty of minutes in the second half of the season, then we can have something to base a decision on… 

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wad pleased to see we tried to tweak it for him to be more of a 10 than the role KDH or Ndidi play. That's correct. You can't get him playing box to box, not without a strong runner next to him which Casadei isn't.

You could tell we weren't as smooth with that however, the runs and passing triangles weren't as fluid first half. Yunus looked a bit lost initially as well.

He has the technical ability, it's whether he can show it in the faster and more physical English leagues.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't get him playing box to box, not without a strong runner next to him which Casadei isn't.

Yeah they make a poor midfield together to be honest. Either of Casadei or Akgun with either of KDH or Wilf and we'd notice deficiencies in the loanees less I think but we definitely lack a presence in the middle when they're both there. 

I thought Winks and Ricardo stepped up well to compensate against Huddersfield. Sheff Weds was a shambles. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How many league games from the remaining 20 are you willing to give him and who are you dropping for those games to fit him in?

Might as well give him (or Casadei, whoever Enzo prefers) the next 5 or so games until at least Wilf is back - no one needs to be dropped for it to happen and if they are getting better the more consistent game time they are getting it gives us a chance to give Wilf more of a rest as well when he is back

I would rather we choose one now to be KDH’s partner until Wilf is back rather than switching it up between the 2 every game, changing it around every game won’t help either of them

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How many league games from the remaining 20 are you willing to give him and who are you dropping for those games to fit him in?

January is perfect, I’d select him over Casadei, a good run of 4/5 games is what he needs. 

what a bizarre thing to post when someone’s missed… a shot, that  they shouldn’t be taking, because there’s no chance it’s going in…. because of the ‘angles’

Cut that back aggressively and either someone gets a tap in or the keeper plays it into his own net 🤷‍♂️

6985F3C4-28A1-451D-B658-BDFC238FE9E4.jpeg

Edited by Lambert09

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

what a bizarre thing to post when someone’s missed… a shot, that  they shouldn’t be taking, because there’s no chance it’s going in…. because of the ‘angles’

Cut that back aggressively and either someone gets a tap in or the keeper plays it into his own net 🤷‍♂️

6985F3C4-28A1-451D-B658-BDFC238FE9E4.jpeg

The lad is desparate to score himself. He's got a contract to win. 

#teamgame

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Can't get my head around people being more patient with him than Casadei. Think it's because we've no chance of signing Casadei.

Personally I don't really rate him, pace looks like its way too much for him.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't get my head around people being more patient with him than Casadei. Think it's because we've no chance of signing Casadei.

Personally I don't really rate him, pace looks like its way too much for him.

I do think he has something to offer, but it is a catch 22 situation for him. I'm not sure how he gets up to speed without regular game time, yet he won't be given game time because he's not up to speed. Thought he grew into the game on Saturday, albeit against a somewhat poor Huddersfield side.