Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't get my head around people being more patient with him than Casadei.

How about the fact that he missed over a month with an injury?

...or that he's played like half the minutes of Casadei?

To be honest - I don't **think** he's at the level we want to be at over the next few years, but I can't say that with confidence as we just haven't seen enough of him.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

To be honest - I don't **think** he's at the level we want to be at over the next few years, but I can't say that with confidence as we just haven't seen enough of him.

He gets injured if you blow on him. Casadei is a far better player for me. Yunus is the reincarnation of Dennis Praet.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He gets injured if you blow on him. Casadei is a far better player for me. Yunus is the reincarnation of Dennis Praet.

Entitled to your opinion, obviously - But 'far' better?? Not sure what you're basing that on.

I don't think Casadei has had a single 'good' game for us... In fact I'd say he's been awful in a few of them!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Keep that in your mind before first taking to credits,plaudits,and criticism…

Both sides of the coin need an airing,but….

try first to count the positives…everybody makes mistakes,few have that eye for a movement on a consistent basis.  
Akgun like all the squad,are way in credit..so far..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't get my head around people being more patient with him than Casadei. Think it's because we've no chance of signing Casadei.

Personally I don't really rate him, pace looks like its way too much for him.

We’re ten points clear at the top of the table, we should be being patient with everyone, let’s support and encourage them and see what players they can develop into over the course of the season. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

Entitled to your opinion, obviously - But 'far' better?? Not sure what you're basing that on.

I don't think Casadei has had a single 'good' game for us... In fact I'd say he's been awful in a few of them!

Got man of the match against Sunderland.

Yunus looks like he's working hard though so he's right up our fanbases street even if a strong wind blows him over.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, The_77 said:

This is harsh and very unfair. Yunus is a right-winger, he’s not a natural number 8 and is learning a new position while Casadei has played nearly all of his career in the middle of the pitch. 

Enzo has shown himself to be much more cautious with injuries than Rodgers and there’s absolutely no need for any side with our lead to bring back players early. 

Let’s not forget that, like Fatawu’s loan, it was widely reported that there was an appearance-related clause in Yunus’s loan deal. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club has always planned to sign only one of those two left-footed and right-sided players on a permanent deal. Since Fatawu has been nothing short of a revelation, he’s deservingly picked up the bulk of all available minutes and our club’s attention up to now, making it tough to provide a good faith assessment on 

Yunus isn't a natural anything.

I don't actually have a problem with yunus, it's just the classic double standards of Leicester fans because one player looks like he works harder than the other. Casadei did more in his early minutes here than Yunus has tbh as well.

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't actually have a problem with yunus, it's just the classic double standards of Leicester fans because one player looks like he works harder than the other. Casadei did more in his early minutes here than Yunus has tbh as well.

Personally I like Yunus because he likes to look for the forwards pass. I do not mind Casadei but he tends to play the easiest and safest option available to him. Casadei also seems to struggle when he's tightly marked whereas Yunus has the technical ability to play under pressure. On the other hand Casadei seems to have more of a physical presence on the game than Yunus and has a better goalscoring instinct.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sure he is, he’s a right-winger, where he’s played his whole career until now, his first time in England.

Is it really the classic double standard? Re: my post, I made absolutely no mention or even implication of either player’s perceived work rate and used very different criteria to talk about the player in good faith. :P

Nobody's saying that Yunus is a nailed-on world beater just that let’s maybe give him a few more appearances before we say he sucks. 

• Like 3

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yunus-akgun-struggles-preventing-enzo-9012950

Yunus Akgun ‘struggles’ preventing Enzo Maresca fulfilling Leicester City hope
The Turkish international played 90 minutes for City for the first time on New Year's Day, with opportunities like that hard to come by since joining from Galatasaray on loan

ByJordan Blackwell
10:40, 4 JAN 2024

Enzo Maresca would like to give Yunus Akgun more game-time but feels he is still “struggling” to get to grips with English football.

Yunus played 90 minutes for the first time at Leicester City in the New Year’s Day win over Huddersfield, operating as a number 10 behind Tom Cannon. It was just his fifth league start for the club since joining on loan from Galatasaray.

Injuries have played their part in limiting the 23-year-old’s opportunities, but Maresca admits that he is finding it difficult to adjust to the speed and physicality of Championship football. While Yunus arrived at the King Power Stadium as a winger, Maresca has since decided he is better playing in the middle. But there, he perhaps has even more competition, with Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Wilfred Ndidi, Dennis Praet, and Cesare Casadei vying for minutes.

Speaking in the days before handing Yunus 90 minutes against Huddersfield, Maresca said: “Yunus is struggling a little bit with the rhythm, probably because he said in Turkey the rhythm is a little bit low. Here it’s more quick, the pace of the game.

“He is struggling. He’s had a muscle problem, now it’s better. I like Yunus, I would like to give him more minutes, but he needs to adjust and understand how English football is, that it’s more physical.”

Yunus has always looked lively and committed in his performances but that’s yet to lead to much involvement at the top end of the pitch. He’s yet to score for the club and has one assist in the Championship, for Dewsbury-Hall at Blackburn. He did also set up Kasey McAteer’s goal at Liverpool in the Carabao Cup.

He looked keen to get off the mark against Huddersfield, and had three shots, the joint-most of City players. However, he failed to hit the target.

This maybe controversial, but I actually think Akgun's skill set maybe better suited to the Premier League than the Championship. It's all a bit cut and thrust and crude in the Championship, whilst more refined and technical in the Premier League.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

This maybe controversial, but I actually think Akgun's skill set maybe better suited to the Premier League than the Championship. It's all a bit cut and thrust and crude in the Championship, whilst more refined and technical in the Premier League.

You could be right !!

If he can adapt to the Championship then the Prem should should the next step for him.  

He has a ton of technical ability & he just needs to learn to adjust to the tempo.

He could possibly be a keeper ... 20 games in the champ to prove himself.

On 01/01/2024 at 22:55, Wolfox said:

You’re aloud a ropey first half if you haven’t played for a while

id love to see how he does over a few games…. I hope he gets the nod over Cassadei 

Well, in that case, you’re a slightly aimless second half, lacking bite or inspiration. 

9 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yunus-akgun-struggles-preventing-enzo-9012950

Yunus Akgun ‘struggles’ preventing Enzo Maresca fulfilling Leicester City hope
The Turkish international played 90 minutes for City for the first time on New Year's Day, with opportunities like that hard to come by since joining from Galatasaray on loan

ByJordan Blackwell
10:40, 4 JAN 2024

Enzo Maresca would like to give Yunus Akgun more game-time but feels he is still “struggling” to get to grips with English football.

Yunus played 90 minutes for the first time at Leicester City in the New Year’s Day win over Huddersfield, operating as a number 10 behind Tom Cannon. It was just his fifth league start for the club since joining on loan from Galatasaray.

Injuries have played their part in limiting the 23-year-old’s opportunities, but Maresca admits that he is finding it difficult to adjust to the speed and physicality of Championship football. While Yunus arrived at the King Power Stadium as a winger, Maresca has since decided he is better playing in the middle. But there, he perhaps has even more competition, with Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Wilfred Ndidi, Dennis Praet, and Cesare Casadei vying for minutes.

Speaking in the days before handing Yunus 90 minutes against Huddersfield, Maresca said: “Yunus is struggling a little bit with the rhythm, probably because he said in Turkey the rhythm is a little bit low. Here it’s more quick, the pace of the game.

“He is struggling. He’s had a muscle problem, now it’s better. I like Yunus, I would like to give him more minutes, but he needs to adjust and understand how English football is, that it’s more physical.”

Yunus has always looked lively and committed in his performances but that’s yet to lead to much involvement at the top end of the pitch. He’s yet to score for the club and has one assist in the Championship, for Dewsbury-Hall at Blackburn. He did also set up Kasey McAteer’s goal at Liverpool in the Carabao Cup.

He looked keen to get off the mark against Huddersfield, and had three shots, the joint-most of City players. However, he failed to hit the target.

My impression of Turkish matches is that they involve axes, a lot of fire, and at least three murders. We always seem to find players from Europe who are more at home at garden tea parties. How on earth can a professional athlete ‘struggle with the rhythm’?

14 hours ago, Bergen fox said:

Am I the only 1 that don’t rate him that much? 

I wouldn’t say I don’t rate him, he’s ok, but I don’t think we will sign him permanently nor do I think he will have a long career in English football

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even for you (and that's saying a lot) this is just an absolutely abysmal take.

You're such an authority on here....

Actually quite like Praet but think he's always injured (like Yunus) and the pace of the game passes him by (like Yunus).

But anyway I'll stick to my abysmal takes and you stick to being a complete ****.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 04/01/2024 at 16:34, James_lcfc said:

He's been MOTM twice now.

15 hours ago, Bergen fox said:

Am I the only 1 that don’t rate him that much? 

It’s hard to expect anything more from a winger who’s changed countries and is having to play as a number 8 on the side of his weak foot. Still, two “pre-assists” yesterday. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, The_77 said:

It’s hard to expect anything more from a winger who’s changed countries and is having to play as a number 8 on the side of his weak foot. Still, two “pre-assists” yesterday. 

23 year old full international who's being played in a different position because he's been ineffective in his natural position - we expect a lot more from players with far less experience tbh.

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're such an authority on here....

Actually quite like Praet but think he's always injured (like Yunus) and the pace of the game passes him by (like Yunus).

But anyway I'll stick to my abysmal takes and you stick to being a complete ****.

Yunus is not always injured, nothing on the level of Praet ffs

Involved in both goals yesterday so must've been a very interesting effort from him for the pace of the game to pass him by

• Like 3