Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yunus is not always injured, nothing on the level of Praet ffs

Involved in both goals yesterday so must've been a very interesting effort from him for the pace of the game to pass him by

He was decent yesterday aside from rolling around on the floor when he was tackled fairly - Casadei, who's crap, (apparently) was more impressive imo. And he's been available for less than 50% of the games recently.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

23 year old full international who's being played in a different position because he's been ineffective in his natural position - we expect a lot more from players with far less experience tbh.

Fine. Let’s play Mavididi in that position and expect him to be our best player. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, The_77 said:

Fine. Let’s play Mavididi in that position and expect him to be our best player. 

No because mavididi has been incredible in his actual position.

Thought he was ok yesterday, not amazing, not dreadful, decent 6-7/10 performance. Wasn’t keen on him over-playing an injury and he was reluctant to take it on his right foot a few times, always trying to cut into his left which became a bit predictable. Seems likeable though and pretty keen so he’s someone I really want to do well for some reason!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

And Yunus has barely played in his. 

Enzo has said he can't play there as it doesn't suit him over here.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was decent yesterday aside from rolling around on the floor when he was tackled fairly - Casadei, who's crap, (apparently) was more impressive imo. And he's been available for less than 50% of the games recently.

Literally loads of players do that, including plenty of others of our own lol

Yeah Casadei was very good yesterday and was the deserved MOTM, and Yunus still had a good game himself

Which run of games are you basing that less than 50% availability on?

Missed 3 of the last 10

Missed 7 of the last 15

Missed 7 of the 25 games since he has been here

Now lets compare it to Praet who has missed all but 7 of the 30 games so far this season - quite a difference and not really comparable at all

• Like 3

Just now, brookfox said:

Thought he was ok yesterday, not amazing, not dreadful, decent 6-7/10 performance. Wasn’t keen on him over-playing an injury and he was reluctant to take it on his right foot a few times, always trying to cut into his left which became a bit predictable. Seems likeable though and pretty keen so he’s someone I really want to do well for some reason!

I think this is a pretty reasonable take that most fans should be on board with. 

Not our best player, not our worst. Good enough to slot in for games like yesterday’s at the moment, let’s see what the rest of the season brings. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Enzo has said he can't play there as it doesn't suit him over here.

He’s also said he likes Yunus, he clearly doesn’t think the full international is just a shit player. 

But, anyway, you and I have talked about Yunus enough for two lifetimes and this is taking away from your (justified) time to gloat about Casadei so let’s leave this one where it is. lol

• Like 1

I really like him and thought he looked pretty decent yesterday. Casadei definitely outshone him overall, but every time Yunus got the ball it looked like something would happen. He just didn't get the ball enough.

He's not played enough for me to form a full opinion on him, but right now I like him, I just don't think he would be able to step up to the PL as an 8 in the way we play him.

I need to see something from him that makes me think that he will make the grade over here. So far I've seen nothing. Physically he's off the mark and I feel his play is far to cautious. I've never seen him play a pass and make the space to recieve it back.

At this point he's an average Championship player and the bottom line Premier league I think not.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If people are going to criticise Casadei for his performances to date then it's no surprise Yunus has and will come in for some stick. He's had less opportunities than Casadei but some of that is his own doing.

I actually think on the balance of things, both have contributed in these two starts they've had, Casadei obviously with a goal and assist but his overall play has been much stronger. Yunus is doing OK, but it needs to be more than that to get a permanent deal IMO.

As Enzo has said, he's struggling a little. How they thought he'd be strong enough as a winger that's expected to be threatening in 1 v 1's is beyond me but I still think his technical ability is what won him a move here. He can adapt but he hasn't got long to do it. His end product is off too so far but again that could change.

I like him but can easily see him not making it here or in England. Hope he does though.

Agree with the general points in the post,and it’s fair and open .

Though 2-3 games makes a difference don’t let old statement from manager,cloud one’s judgement…Enzo will have already reassessed him by now…

I said before the festive season began, Castadei, &. Yunus,will look different prospects early ‚24‘ and the squad will show its quality and all round strength.

To me I have been proved right with AFCON /Asia cup won’t effect us,but we have to expand within our squad players,it’s and their strength together…

We could see Players not wanting or desiring a move,everything is slotting in at present nicely..

Fans,will have their favourites depending on their own perspectives,and Enzo I believe will have a don’t care attitude to individuals,so long

as he can feel ,rescources  are released to allow new investments of type & quality he believes he needs.

KDH/Ndidi…Yanus/Castadei….KDH/Castade….???\???

Front 3….Fatawu/ Cannon/Mavidid…with Mcateer/Yanus/Wanya/Albrighton/Vardy

Playing mix n pix roles.

Bline…With Enzo‘s mix n pix,more than open & adequate…

Nelson has added a nice Headache

We have to see what freedom of funds Enzo gets to play with..

January window…Enzo has mentioned it..we need sell to buy,  plus so far

he is not responding in like to journalists  queries over Baybrook & Alves.

• 3 weeks later...

He has either 8 or 11 games (depending on whether cup appearances count) left to make a bigger impression or there is probably a good chance we don’t see him again after that

A shame as I have liked the look of him at times, it won’t help of course like last night when he only gets 10 minutes to try and make an impact and he did still manage to create a chance, but so far not enough to warrant keeping him permanently

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Last night seemed the perfect opportuity to play him in his actual position, i'd say the fact he didn't says Enzo has already made his mind up and the rest of the loan will be going through the motions (like moore says based on starts/apps)

It's a shame, the winger I saw in the Champions League qualifiers could have done Ipswich some real damage last night.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Two thirds through his loan here, a good chunk of that injured. 1 goal contribution.

Shows glimpses but can't say he's made any kind of impact so far.

There's just nothing in his game that stands out for me. He's neat and tidy.

Also that's twice we've brought him on and the pressing has noticeably dropped - that's not on him solely but you need your subs to have intensity to drive the rest on. Did create a really good chance though.

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Isn't his purchase compulsory on promotion?

If he makes 25 appearances I believe - so has 9 or 12 appearances left depending on whether cup appearances count

I expect once he reaches 24 we might not see him again

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's just nothing in his game that stands out for me. He's neat and tidy.

Also that's twice we've brought him on and the pressing has noticeably dropped - that's not on him solely but you need your subs to have intensity to drive the rest on. Did create a really good chance though.

I thought he pressed well immediately, he won the ball a few times but it happened at a time when we took our two best pressers off that evening in Cannon and KDH. Vardy didn't apply the same intensity and our wingers and central midfielders we easing off too.

He's just not got that overwhelming end product or strength to make an impact here I'm afraid. He badly needs a goal to see if it kicks starts something but it's looking doubtful. He'll start on Saturday but probably alongside Praet.

• Like 1