Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

Give him the full 90 mins in the FA Cup in the number 8 role, he shows flashes of quality but I worry about his physicality and size. What he needs is good enough game time to get into the rhythm of the team.

Think he’s more suited to the Premier league than the Championship but obviously that would be a massive gamble on our part should we make it and potential lack of funds in the summer.

Im usually pretty impatient with players who seem to offer little in the early stages but for some reason I really think he might be a bit of a player given the time

Edited by EastAnglianFox

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Last night seemed the perfect opportuity to play him in his actual position, i'd say the fact he didn't says Enzo has already made his mind up and the rest of the loan will be going through the motions (like moore says based on starts/apps)

It's a shame, the winger I saw in the Champions League qualifiers could have done Ipswich some real damage last night.

Gala fans warned that he was a massive confidence player and I think it’s showing right now. There’s a player in there, but he needs a run of games and he’s just not going to get that here. Enzo knows his preferred front 5 so to speak.

Still not forgiven him for the poor pass through to Mcateer after his excellent pressing work. A better pass there and it’s 2-0.

Dewsbury- Hall was guilty of the same poor layoffs a couple of times in the first half where a better pass almost guaranteed a goal, though his looked more like someone caught in 2 minds about whether to pass or shoot rather than purely miss hit passes.

Edited by OadbyBlue

He was the man who should have been tracking the goal scorer on Monday. Just stood and let him drift away and bang the goal in. 

Must have been too knackered after playing 9 minutes to ensure he put the work in to stay with him 

14 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Get the feeling it's an audition between him and Fatuwu for summer signing and it looks like there's only one winner.

The one who has been given way more game time? 

I think Yunus hasn't really been given much chance to settle or get up to speed since his move. 

I would have liked to see him more often as he looks a decent player. Difficult when the regular starting 11 are on a record breaking season though.

I think he will continue to struggle for game time and I suspect many have already written him off. 

Difficult for Yunus to impress when he gets 10 minutes at the end when we are generally not interested in scoring because we are either seeing out comfortably or hanging on. 

But then it's hard to justify he should be starting anywhere. Big opportunity for him to get an assist on Monday if he took a bit more care with the pass (at least I think it was him) 

He should start this weekend and he really needs to impress. Play him as a more traditional 10 behind Vardy and I could see that potentially being effective. 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

He was the man who should have been tracking the goal scorer on Monday. Just stood and let him drift away and bang the goal in. 

Must have been too knackered after playing 9 minutes to ensure he put the work in to stay with him 

Just watched it back, he pushes up with Faes like any intelligent player keeping line with his defence. Unfortunately Macca and Hamza are asleep and play him on.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just watched it back, he pushes up with Faes like any intelligent player keeping line with his defence. Unfortunately Macca and Hamza are asleep and play him on.

In his defence Hamza was probably pissed

He still should have been nearer to the man laterally, he was in a lot of space. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Lako42 said:

In his defence Hamza was probably pissed

He still should have been nearer to the man laterally, he was in a lot of space. 

Haha!

Looking back, Vesty is the only one facing back to our goal when the shot is hit but doesn't anticipate a rebound.

Yunus is pretty much in line with the fella laterally, although in his mind he's stepped up and knows the lad is behind him, so not a danger. Think it's probably harsh to blame him, especially as he did track his man and then did the right thing stepping up.

Just now, filbertway said:

Haha!

Looking back, Vesty is the only one facing back to our goal when the shot is hit but doesn't anticipate a rebound.

Yunus is pretty much in line with the fella laterally, although in his mind he's stepped up and knows the lad is behind him, so not a danger. Think it's probably harsh to blame him, especially as he did track his man and then did the right thing stepping up.

Fair enough, I'll watch it back as my single view was live from the KOP

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Gave that some welly today didn't he and a decent showing all round second half.  

Still think he's got a lot of potential but feels like he may not get to show it here.  Hope I'm wrong.  

I think the problem is he looks like a number 10 for me, 8s a bit too much for him

That being said, he had a decent game today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

I think the problem is he looks like a number 10 for me, 8s a bit too much for him

I really like him as a player in general, looks technically excellent, but I’m not sure he is an 8. Has to be out wide or as a 10. 

He needs more physicality/a better engine to make it as an 8 in our system, I think. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Yeah think that's a fair observation mate.

We all live in a world of immediate gratification and Yunus is a prime example of a player who may have been with us a while but, really, we've barely seen him beyond fits and starts.  

Think he'd do better alongside Wilf or KDH who have that physicality and engine.  

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I really like him as a player in general, looks technically excellent, but I’m not sure he is an 8. Has to be out wide or as a 10. 

He needs more physicality/a better engine to make it as an 8 in our system, I think. 

Great minds...

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

A midfield of Yunus and Sensi would on the light side (potentially) but maybe Sensi has needle and Yunus can  get it from…somewhere)

I don’t think he’s lacking in that, he certainly tries to get stuck in, he’s just very lightweight and easily brushed off the ball. 

• Like 1