Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Yeah think that's a fair observation mate.

We all live in a world of immediate gratification and Yunus is a prime example of a player who may have been with us a while but, really, we've barely seen him beyond fits and starts.  

Think he'd do better alongside Wilf or KDH who have that physicality and engine.  

Yea I just don't think our formation offers him a proper role

Very tidy player, think he's good enough for the premier league but in the right role, and like you say with more support and physicality around him, or he's a passenger.

Was great today though, won the ball back enough too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I don’t think he’s lacking in that, he certainly tries to get stuck in, he’s just very lightweight and easily brushed off the ball. 

Yes, I was a bit unfair as he is only too willing to give it a go, but being of smaller stature, it’s easy to brush him aside, which  is a shame as I really like how skilful he is.

Seems there are quite a few slight top quality players in the English game, if you consider the likes of Riyad but he was wiry and strong, the better example is probably Bernardo Silva and maybe David Silva before that. There is hope for Yunus and agree a run of games would help him learn to match the physicality to his physique.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

IMO he needs a run of games in the team uninterrupted. His reaction to the goal was great to see, that is a player who 100% wants to be part of the new Leicester City story.

He's got very good feet, and that shot was brilliant. He is slight and might get knocked off the ball, but there is a good player in there. Compared to Casadei who has now left, he has much more awareness, much better passing and better when crowded around players.

It will be interesting to see if he's still here next season. I suspect he won't be, but for me he's always shown more than Casadei, even though the Chelsea loanee was getting in ahead of him.

There's a player there and he's one that I think Enzo needs to build an outlet for, I.e set the team up when he plays to utilise him but still ensure we've got enough power to win the midfield battle.

He's not going to start games with KDH I don't think but then again, Sensi and Akgün isn't going to work. I think he's best suited alongside Ndidi but that won't happen for quite some time.

• Like 3

If we are strapped for cash now, I don’t see us going spend crazy when in the prem. Every pound note has to count. That side Enzo put out… it’s like he was treating the FA cup as a dead rubber game, which I didn’t appreciate but understandable with a game on Tuesday…

but anyway, can we justify ANY transfer fee for him if he  he hardly plays in the champ? What chance has he got playing in the prem? If we get promoted we will need to strengthen and I just don’t see him in the plans going forward. If he’s lightweight in the champ, he’ll have no chance in the prem. If he needs space in the champ, he’ll get even less in the prem. Technically gifted, but that’s it. You need to be so much more to play in the prem.

• Like 1

Easily his best game for us. I liked the way he took responsibilty of the ball and the creative midfield role.

He's improving the more games he plays and settles into the team. He could be a dark horse for the final run in of the league.

It's just a pity he's a little small but he's very gutsy and I like that.

If we buy him he’s Perez v2 imo. We’ll get a few decent moments out of him, struggle to work out his best position for 4 years and then he’ll go to a European outfit for free. Seen it all before

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

If we buy him he’s Perez v2 imo. We’ll get a few decent moments out of him, struggle to work out his best position for 4 years and then he’ll go to a European outfit for free. Seen it all before

I don't agree, but you're as likely to be as right as I am.

One thing I will say is he's only 23 and we'll pay a hell of a lot less for him than we did for Perez.  If we get any sort of tune out of him we should be able to at the very least recoup some of the transfer fee as well.  

Edited by Bordersfox
  • Like 1

I know we don't play with a traditional number 10, but feel that role would suite him. Good quick feet and offers something different. Pleased he got off the mark today as I think he has snatched at several chances in the past with his desire to score for us.

47 minutes ago, KFS said:

Very bad shout 

• Like 1

He's very strong on the ball for.his size, was really impressed today, I think he's quality. I don't think we've seen a fraction of what he can do.

I think he's been reserved when he's played so.far, but today he went for it and had a great game, I woukd love to see him sign on a permanent 

Pre assist for the first goal too. Lovely ball out to Kevin. 

I've got a lot of time for him, and a run of games he could get better and better. But KDH is always going to be first dibs if we were to play him in the middle, and he will be behind the 2 main wingers if we want to play him out there. If KDH stays, i don't see him being dropped at all. Feel Akgun is the sort of player that is going to need 4 or 5 starts to get motoring.

He looks so frekin happy with his goal. Was a banger.

• Like 2