Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

He is our Bernardo Silva, he is superb in tight spaces and he is capable and always looking to be progressive. So chuffed to see him get his goal, what a beauty and I think he will really kick on, yes he is slight but he is a very clever player, he will really kick on over next 5/6 months and next season will be a real player for us 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He is our Bernardo Silva, he is superb in tight spaces and he is capable and always looking to be progressive. So chuffed to see him get his goal, what a beauty and I think he will really kick on, yes he is slight but he is a very clever player, he will really kick on over next 5/6 months and next season will be a real player for us 

That's the same analogy I was thinking of B. Silva.

I think he excelled in the responsibility of being the creative Midfielder today. Which augurs well for the future.

Edited by Clever Fox
spelling
  • Like 2

Thought he put in a real good shift today and went hunting to win the ball back when we lost it. In the first half, he kept having to come central to receive the ball from the keeper as he was the only one with the technique to advance it for us. Once Ricardo came on to do this it looked like Yunus had more freedom and got it in more advanced areas. I wouldn't mind seeing him start on Tuesday and rotate with KDH between the two 8 positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

This guy is a player! He just needs more game time, in a balanced team. 

Unfortunately, I think it will much the same in the league and he will struggle for game time.

People would be a lot more excited about him if this was a league game…. which is funny as we played a championship side who went full strength 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DZ-LCFC said:

Already played 17 games with leicetser

just 7 games to make the deal permanent

Is that definitely true, re 24 games and we HAVE to buy him? 😳. Alarming if so as, with our financial challenges, I think that might mean he only has 6 more games he can play for us! 🤷

• Like 1

I feel for him because at the moment he is not going to replace KDH or Winks, his only chance was when Ndidi got injured, but Enzo seems to prefer Hamza. Let's see if he starts on Tuesday. 

A really good second half from him yesterday, I think. He was really able to show his ball carrying and ball retention skills, finding good pockets of space in front of their backline. I still think he can be our version of Bernardo Silva and hope he gets the chance to 'catch fire' now.

Cracking finish from him as well.

11 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Why spend £10m on him when you can lump that money towards a far better option instead? 

I think the fee is £7 million, not 10 and for £7 million, I feel he's worth a go. I actually think the Premier League will be better suited to his skill set as he is a good technical player, If he can cope with the pace of the Premier League I think he could be a real asset. He will only get better with game time. 

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Is that definitely true, re 24 games and we HAVE to buy him? 😳. Alarming if so as, with our financial challenges, I think that might mean he only has 6 more games he can play for us! 🤷

That’s taken into account when we signed him on loan. It was always going to be permanent. We’ll be losing lots of £££ in the summer (JV, Kel, Wilf possibly) so we can afford it more then. 

10 hours ago, adam said:

Played well when brum gave him loads of space second half. Miles off what we need next season.

How do you know that, he has never had a run in the team.What is this is opinion based on apart from a handful of starts.

I think the reason he has not stood out thus far is the style we play, he looks the kind of player who dribbles and tricks his way through defences but we are more of a pass, pass, pass type of team with the wingers having the pace to take the ball up the pitch. 

It is why Mav and Fat are our main wingers.

Same way Albrighton is different where he will put pinpoint passes into the box from the wings.

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

I think the reason he has not stood out thus far is the style we play, he looks the kind of player who dribbles and tricks his way through defences but we are more of a pass, pass, pass type of team with the wingers having the pace to take the ball up the pitch. 

It is why Mav and Fat are our main wingers.

Same way Albrighton is different where he will put pinpoint passes into the box from the wings.

Seems a strange time & Period in the season,but it’s a bit too early..

Hes hardly played any 80 minute game…He had a couple of injury knocks

Not yet played 5 games on the trott. On those notes he’s done well and been a decent influence in games.

At this moment,if it was my descision..EOS,take him off loan, and buy him.

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

That’s taken into account when we signed him on loan. It was always going to be permanent. We’ll be losing lots of £££ in the summer (JV, Kel, Wilf possibly) so we can afford it more then. 

Just don’t see us being able to afford him if we don’t get promoted or wanting to afford him if we do. 🤷. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Just don’t see us being able to afford him if we don’t get promoted or wanting to afford him if we do. 🤷. Just my opinion. 

I would think that our financial situation would change in the Summer with some big contracts expiring. 

• Like 1

I thought he was a liability first half coming deep and trying to hold up the ball after receiving it from the defence (Kelchi the best in the squad at this IMO) Birmingham knew this and you could see their game plan was to get close to him and time after time they dispossessed him creating very good chances for themselves. 

However, second half he moved further up the pitch and we were treated to a master class of working in tight spaces. I don't think I've seen someone whip the ball out to the wing from that forward position like he did for us, maybe Madders from time to time. Usually players are driving forwards from much further back and play forward diagonal passes to the wingers but Yunus managed to suck everyone into a more forward position and then played a more 90 degree pass out wide which left their shape all over the place. He did this a few times so it was intended. Nightmare for the defence as if they keep watch on the wingers he is allowed to weave more magic in the centre but it they all come in and protect the centre he has the ability to take 3 or 4 players out of the game with unbelievable quick feet and pass accuracy. 

Second half yesterday shows we have potentially a very dangerous player on our hands offering us something completely different. 

Edited by Collymore