Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

I think the fee is £7 million, not 10 and for £7 million, I feel he's worth a go. I actually think the Premier League will be better suited to his skill set as he is a good technical player, If he can cope with the pace of the Premier League I think he could be a real asset. He will only get better with game time. 

Why collect players? That's been our problem. Money as scarce as it is needs to go towards better options than "worth a punt". 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Why collect players? That's been our problem. Money as scarce as it is needs to go towards better options than "worth a punt". 

Worth a punt for me means he could develop into a decent player. I can't see buying anyone at £7m is going to be anything other than a bit of a gamble at Premier League level. Buying someone for that sort of money is unlikely to be a) Prem ready if buying from abroad or b) past their sell by date if ex Premier League. He'll have had 12 months with us, so I do take your point if the management don't feel he is up to it, don't just collect players.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

So your suggesting there isn't a single player out there better than Yunus?

Odd response?

Did i say that? I don't disagree that £7million couldn't be put towards a £30 million player, but are we going to be a club paying those sort of fees next year? There isn't much at the £7million level we are going to be able to tap into next year. Yunus is still only 23 and shows bags of potential. I think there is a skillful player there who has a thunderous shot on him. There is a lot of potential up side if we get it right with him.

Considering decent Championship players will be going for 25M+ in the summer, we may have no option but to buy cheap and develop. Yunus comes into that category. He's definitely got the technical ability, it's just his physicality that is a worry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Did i say that? I don't disagree that £7million couldn't be put towards a £30 million player, but are we going to be a club paying those sort of fees next year? There isn't much at the £7million level we are going to be able to tap into next year. Yunus is still only 23 and shows bags of potential. I think there is a skillful player there who has a thunderous shot on him. There is a lot of potential up side if we get it right with him.

I never mentioned £30m?

But I would sooner use the £7m towards someone who looks better than a distinctly average championship player?

Let's be honest, aside from his great goal he was largely ineffectual again. Had his performances by now been far more productive then I would agree its a no brainer. But they haven't so I don't.

Just now, Blanchflower78 said:

I never mentioned £30m?

But I would sooner use the £7m towards someone who looks better than a distinctly average championship player?

Let's be honest, aside from his great goal he was largely ineffectual again. Had his performances by now been far more productive then I would agree its a no brainer. But they haven't so I don't.

A pre assist out to Albrighton for the first (a very nice ball out the the wing). I thought he was good second half (by no means brilliant), but each to their own :) . I worry about physicality, but he is pretty skillful and has the ability to glide past players.  

I said 30 mil because you said 'better player'. A better more established player will come with a higher fee. I don't understand how many £7 million players we are going to be able to draft in and hit the ground running next season that will be significantly better.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

A pre assist out to Albrighton for the first (a very nice ball out the the wing). I thought he was good second half (by no means brilliant), but each to their own :) . I worry about physicality, but he is pretty skillful and has the ability to glide past players.  

I said 30 mil because you said 'better player'. A better more established player will come with a higher fee. I don't understand how many £7 million players we are going to be able to draft in and hit the ground running next season that will be significantly better.

Will have to see pal. Each to their own on these things. We all want the best for club ultimately 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Dandy king said:

The rub of the green is that he's small and lightweight, but he can do good stuff if give the chance.

This is it,

A small player who is brave up against a big Defender is a nightmare for any Defender. Especially someone with Skill and tight control on the Ball.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if he's never a stand out 1st choice, that different type of creative midfielder is needed and he seems determined and strong for someone so slight.

I like the cut of his jib, he seems desperate to succeed which is crucial given the gutless ***** we have had.

The obligation is 8.5m which isn't a lot in isolation but we're likely tied in for double that with Fatawu. We've tangled ourselves up with FFP so regrettably we might have to cut him loose.

• Like 2

Just now, Stadt said:

I like the cut of his jib, he seems desperate to succeed which is crucial given the gutless ***** we have had.

The obligation is 8.5m which isn't a lot in isolation but we're likely tied in for double that with Fatawu. We've tangled ourselves up with FFP so regrettably we might have to cut him loose.

It's £7.7m according to Galatasaray. Or whatever €9m works out at come the end of June haha.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/galatasaray-reveal-compulsory-purchase-fee-8708114

We are in a financial tight spot but don't forget the £7.7m + Fatawu's £14m or so will be spread in the accounts over 5 years, so it's little over £4m a year on the books.

That's Vardy's wages + change. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sm1 said:

Considering decent Championship players will be going for 25M+ in the summer, we may have no option but to buy cheap and develop. Yunus comes into that category. He's definitely got the technical ability, it's just his physicality that is a worry.

Physicality is an interesting point, I remember Muzzy being very lightweight but it never affected his tenacity and he was fantastic for us, I hope Yunus can be the same and not let his lightweight build be a problem because as you say the technical ability is there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Physicality is an interesting point, I remember Muzzy being very lightweight but it never affected his tenacity and he was fantastic for us, I hope Yunus can be the same and not let his lightweight build be a problem because as you say the technical ability is there. 

Mahrez comes into that category too.  As someone has already said, Yunus still has 3 months more of football in which to grow into the English game so he might bring himself up to the level to cope in the Prem by then.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced & feel it's a big gamble to take him into the Premier as it's not like he's setting the Championship alight. We will have Sensi for that little bit of star dust & he also has more bite about him than Yunus i just don't see the point of both.
We won't be afforded time for games to pass him by whilst he adjusts to the speed of the Premier, i would rather a more experienced Premier head along the lines of Barkley who has more about him physically (including height) as well as being a tidy player to sit in that 8 role especially for our 1st season back which we can then build on.

He's very frustrating for me, looks so close to being good but something isn't quite there. Would like to see him play a bit wider although Mavididi and Fatawu have both been class this season

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Our transfer amortisation has dropped considerably; it peaked in 21/22 at around 71m per annum and has dropped to around 40m last summer, and should drop again to around 30m this summer. If we could offload the Souttar, Soumare, and Kristiansen, it chops another 10m off.

I prefer us to be taking gamble on players for 7-10m who we can develop and grow. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

I like Yunus, he reminds me a lot of Bernardo Silva in the way that he gets into pockets to exploit the space. He has great footwork too. He's one of those players that kind of goes a bit unnoticed but can positively influence the game when they're on top form.

Only thing that did concern me on Saturday despite the wonderful goal was I felt he looked a bit greedy at times which brought back memories of Under. Felt like he was desperate to stake a claim for a starting spot but often held on to the ball a bit too long when better options were on and his good play came to nothing. 

There's definitely a player in there, but like everyone else I'm not sure which position brings out his best attributes. 

• Like 3

On 28/01/2024 at 05:46, Blanchflower78 said:

I never mentioned £30m?

I actually thought that he had a fairly strong second half & lets be honest, very few had good first half !

He has great technical skills & has the makings of a very good player. I think he will do well in the Premier & is a steal at 7 mil !

Maresca will do what he does best & keep pushing him to improve.

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I actually thought that he had a fairly strong second half & lets be honest, very few had good first half !

He has great technical skills & has the makings of a very good player. I think he will do well in the Premier & is a steal at 7 mil !

Maresca will do what he does best & keep pushing him to improve.

He is not epl is he.

Edited by foxinsocks

I rate him. 

I thought he looked pretty rusty on Saturday despite scoring and doing OK overall. Quite a few times he had open grass in front of him to drive into and the ball kept getting caught under his feet. Sort of like his brain was working quicker than his feet.

With a run of games, I'm certain he'll get better and better. Could be really important in our run in.

• Like 1