Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Yunus Akgün Officially Signs!

6 minutes ago, DZ-LCFC said:

Yeah.. He's leaving..

Finally started impacting the game scoring in successive games and then no minutes since, now seems to be behind Praet and McAteer 🤔

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He scored in consecutive games (and played well) and hasnt featured since. I like him but clearly Maresca wants to use the funds elsewhere in the summer.

Agh right. Yeah it’s weird. I know Enzo has said Praet is “the perfect 8” though. If I’m honest I’d much prefer Yunus most of the times.

Edited by Beechey

I think the rumours that a certain number of appearances results in an obligation to buy is perhaps why Yunus isn’t getting game time. With Enzo now aware of our FFP restrictions and having some reservations about his all round game, he’s benching him to maximise his budget at the end of the season? Shame really as he was starting to look very good. Praet didn’t do much wrong today but Yunus is more of a goal threat. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Frustrating, tells us more about our financial situation that it does Yunus's ability at this level IMO.

Do you think? I’ve not been impressed at all at this level so if we’ve got one eye on next season maybe we just don’t think he’s good enough? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Agh right. Yeah it’s weird. I know Enzo has said Praet is “the perfect 8” though. If I’m honest I’d much prefer Yunus most of the times.

The thing is that I’m not sure what Yunus is. Is he a winger, no. 8 or something else? At least with Praet, he’s a midfielder, and you know what you’re going to get. 

I’d prefer Yunus over Praet btw as I don’t rate the latter at all. Whereas I think you would have a mix of some good and some bad with Yunus. I’m just speculating why EM might prefer Dennis 

Such a shame if we really are going to stop using him at this point already

Back to back games of good performances and scoring is the kind of form you try and take advantage of at this point in the season to see if they become one of those players who goes on a good decent run of games

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Frustrating, tells us more about our financial situation that it does Yunus's ability at this level IMO.

I've not seen much from him that would suggest we should sign him permanently. Injuries before Xmas haven't helped but I certainly wouldn't be bothered if we don't sign him permanently. I said a few weeks ago that he'd need to have a storming end to this season for us to consider making his move permanent and now Enzo doesn't even want to use him. I trust enzos judgement and once ndidi comes back he probably won't even make the match day squad unless we have injuries. I'd rather see more game time given to the likes of Alves to be honest, especially if we get into a position where promotion is a near certainty 

It's a bit strange that he has sat on the bench for 180 mins immediately after arguably his most positive contributions. Lends weight to the theory we don't want to trigger an appearance clause.

Having said that, maybe Enzo thinks KDH and Yunus as the 8's wouldn't be a particularly balanced combination.

Edited by martyn

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Do you think? I’ve not been impressed at all at this level so if we’ve got one eye on next season maybe we just don’t think he’s good enough? 

I think he's been quite good when he's played, he just hasnt played that much. Im more confident going into a game with him in midfield than Praet.

Guest glasgowfox
2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Easy to assume there is a motive behind it but we do have lots of options. Yunus is the KDH alternative 

Yunas does not have the pace,  energy or physical presence of KDH

Why would we spend that amount in the summer and sign Akgun with an obligation to buy after a certain amount of appearances? That amount would have to be about 15 too for Enzo to be worrying about playing him.

I detest a lot about the way our club is being run but I don't think it's anything to do with that. I'd be amazed if we are so disorganised.

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Praet really is anonymous. Would seem difficult to justify his inclusion over Yunus on what we've seen football-wise. An odd one.

He's tidy. He's physically stronger (I'm not talking injuries)..The ball sticks with him. He makes useful moves into space. He's quietly miles more effective than Yunus, who just took slow and weak for this level of football 

Does no one thinks it’s a ****ing disgrace we didn’t send him back? We’re basically saying “maybe some money will turn up out of nowhere” and playing with his career in the meantime. 

We’ve got form for it too, amazed we don’t have more difficulty convincing players to join, especially ones from similar countries. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's tidy. He's physically stronger (I'm not talking injuries)..The ball sticks with him. He makes useful moves into space. He's quietly miles more effective than Yunus, who just took slow and weak for this level of football 

He won a penalty today, assisted against Cov and scored against Birmingham. I agree with you on this, at this level if Praet can be arsed he's very effective.