Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

James McAtee

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

No, but If the club say "you can go on loan to leicester but we aren't loaning anybody to Sheffield United" then he has a choice of coming to us and being a star or sitting on the bench at Man City. 

It won't be anywhere near as binary as this.

Club and player will sit down and discuss next move, as you might discuss your development in an annual appraisal. Both will have a say in it together.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Club and player will sit down and discuss next move, as you might discuss your development in an annual appraisal. Both will have a say in it together.

If Sheffield United weren't offering a decent chunk of his wages or a loan fee then Man City could quite easily say you aren't going there

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Sort of. But if you say to your boss " i want to start wearing  a tutu and purple wig to future board meetings" , they might say no

• Haha 2

Guest Sideshow Faes
8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If Sheffield United weren't offering a decent chunk of his wages or a loan fee then Man City could quite easily say you aren't going there

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Sort of. But if you say to your boss " i want to start wearing  a tutu and purple wig to future board meetings" , they might say no

They'll sit down together and work out what's best for his development. What do the club want from a deal - they might think prem league experience is the next step or they might want to see him gaining a winning mentality in the champ - and what does he want - what do the two clubs have to say about playing time, does he want to move up to the prem, does location make a difference depending on what's happening in his life..... The idea it just comes down to wages and money is really simplistic. This isn't football manager, it's an employer and employee talking about that employee's development and a potential secondment, effectively.

4 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

They'll sit down together and work out what's best for his development. What do the club want from a deal - they might think prem league experience is the next step or they might want to see him gaining a winning mentality in the champ - and what does he want - what do the two clubs have to say about playing time, does he want to move up to the prem, does location make a difference depending on what's happening in his life..... The idea it just comes down to wages and money is really simplistic. This isn't football manager, it's an employer and employee talking about that employee's development and a potential secondment, effectively.

that sounds nice and lovely but hes a young lad at  one of the best teams in the world.

He wont have have much say in the final decision. Sure they'll entertain a discussion with him, but thats about it

18 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

So you think if Man City wanted all his wages paying and a loan fee and Sheffield United said we aren't doing either they'd let him go there? I imagine in any discussion they'd say we're happy to listen and if a club can meet what we want and it meets the vision for your development and you want to go you can. I've not once said it's all about money either, just pointing out there's other factors that come in to play. 

Guest Sideshow Faes
15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

So you think if Man City wanted all his wages paying and a loan fee and Sheffield United said we aren't doing either they'd let him go there? I imagine in any discussion they'd say we're happy to listen and if a club can meet what we want and it meets the vision for your development and you want to go you can. I've not once said it's all about money either, just pointing out there's other factors that come in to play. 

How important do you think it is to the third richest club on earth that they get 20%, 50% or 100% of a kid's wages? Yes these things come into it but you seem to be agreeing with me more than disagreeing as it'll ultimately be a discussion. If one club offers all his wage but club and player don't feel it the right step why would they wreck his development? 

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Personally think Holly might have you all on absolute strings and I’m here for it lol

You are so wrong my man! 

We are signing McAtee's body, with THB's face but without the beard of Cannon. 

Pretty believable if you ask me

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

How important do you think it is to the third richest club on earth that they get 20%, 50% or 100% of a kid's wages? Yes these things come into it but you seem to be agreeing with me more than disagreeing as it'll ultimately be a discussion. If one club offers all his wage but club and player don't feel it the right step why would they wreck his development? 

Exactly they come in to it, which is what I was saying. I've never actually disagreed with your point just that there's lots of factors involved.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Really?

Said fatawu was already training and then wasn't signed until four days later. Had to back tracka.

Always states a time when transfers going to happen/announced and it's days later.

Could be wrong but seems wants to be ITK but is more in the wrong.

Strange how people hang onto everyone word on a forum.

Anyway if he is right. Would be a good signing and includes lot more depth which we need.

Might not be 100% accurate but he was definitely at the training ground having his pictures taken well before he was announced.