Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Tranmere post match

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Galatasaray fans did warn us that his composure in front of goal is not the best. Will be interesting to hear what the match day fans think of him. Despite missing that chance, he got into the position for the opportunity, signalling his attacking intent. Made the pre-assist for the Vardy goal too.

I thought he looked really good. Lovely first touch, crisp passing and quick feet. The fans around me were purring. 

I didn’t have a great angle for the miss but didn’t look like a total sitter. Could be giving him too much credit though. Aside from that - great debut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

The next thing after the Foxes Hub fiasco, they will stop fans attending games due to public rights issues. The government will then put a £2000 license fee for the use of analog radios. 

Don't give them any ideas! :protest: :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sishades said:

Screw you foxes hub for telling me I needed a game pass when i already had one with 15 minutes remaining. Garbage.  Glad we won, 6 (S I X ) in a row. Amazing run of results.

It’s always doing this to me too. Keep having to log out and log back in. It’s a useless service 

...Mavididi having problems beating his man again, It seems it does not matter what level he plays at, they have the beating of him!!!

He is a bit of a push-and-run merchant, and unless you have a team pushing high up the pitch, he is not going to get the space to run past a player. Madivadua was better in that he was prepared to go outside his man, and Wilf did what all the wingers should be doing but seemed not to understand and that is to take the ball to the byeline.

At this age Mavdidi should be doing all this in his sleep due to the position that he plays, I worry that he is always going to struggle, he needs to learn fast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Mavididi having problems beating his man again, It seems it does not matter what level he plays at, they have the beating of him!!!

He is a bit of a push-and-run merchant, and unless you have a team pushing high up the pitch, he is not going to get the space to run past a player. Madivadua was better in that he was prepared to go outside his man, and Wilf did what all the wingers should be doing but seemed not to understand and that is to take the ball to the byeline.

At this age Mavdidi should be doing all this in his sleep due to the position that he plays, I worry that he is always going to struggle, he needs to learn fast.

Montpellier fans said he was a confidence player. At one point he was a star in the making, and they thought he was going to be their next big sale, but instead he got injured and when he came back he was cagey. Had good moments, but not the confident flair player he was before. This led to him being benched rather than being a starter.

You've got to remember that signings we've made are either really raw or damaged goods. If players were that good and proven, they would be in the Premier League, not the Championship. He's damaged goods, but the hope is if we repair him, we get a good player for a really reasonable price. Harry Winks, looks exactly that, and has impressed everyone so far.

Your points are valid though. Mavididi is fast, powerful and skilful. But you see a hesitancy in him to drive at the opposition as much as I think he should do. It will be interesting to see him develop over the season. For now he's been OK and in fact quite good in some games, but you feel there's a lot more to come from him, as that price tag puts him in the top 10% of players in the division.

My expectation with him and Yunus Akgun is that at some point in the season they get on runs and start tearing it up. I think they will get a lot of chances and after a few go in will find their flow. Look at Wilfred Ndidi, he's scoring and assisting and he's hardly the player you'd have top of anyone's list to be contributing to either.

• Like 2