Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Tranmere post match

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Not sure if was mentioned but apparently their goalkeeper tonight was also involved in the 2000 league cup final.

I did not know that. Many thanks for making my life even more meaningful in this dark lonely abys of a universe.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

These Italian managers are as dull as dishwater, all they do is win!

Where's the blatant self-promotion when giving media interviews? The sideways passing with zero intent to score goals? The furious writing on a notebook like an overly keen school-boy? The shunting out wide of our most creative player, or the castigation of the only centre back we have that can actually defend?

It's not for me. It's not football. :ph34r:

I tuned in at 60 minutes for a nice defensive substitution at 0-0 and I got this rubbish!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

6 out of 6!

Perfect start to the season and we're not even in full flow yet. 

6 minutes ago, Simonb said:

The best part is we aren't even clicking yet 

Not that I'm arguing with 6 from 6, and I'm loving it, but how long did we keep going with the whole "we're not out of 2nd gear yet"?

What if this is full flow? I don't for one second think it is, from what I've witnessed you can see passes missing their mark, runs not being made and/or spotted, but how long until we start getting twitchy waiting for it?

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It is.. 

But strangely it's 6 unconvincing wins. 

Don't disagree with this, however another way of looking at it is that we're winning games while playing in third gear. I'd like to think (hope) that things will start to click a bit more as we get into the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Not that I'm arguing with 6 from 6, and I'm loving it, but how long did we keep going with the whole "we're not out of 2nd gear yet"?

What if this is full flow? I don't for one second think it is, from what I've witnessed you can see passes missing their mark, runs not being made and/or spotted, but how long until we start getting twitchy waiting for it?

When we're winning this way but on 16 out of 16

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

After the international break we'll start playing better I reckon, and getting the odd bigger win. Too much uncertainty ATM with the window still open.

To be honest, I'd be happy scraping 46 2-1 wins 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Around February for me.

Good luck giving ratings without a stream! Be interesting to see how the lads are rated purely based on stats and live feeds! 

In all seriousness, 6 out of 6 wins for a team still yet to get past second gear only bodes well, providing they find the next gear eventually. Onto the next game, and the next round!

2 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Good luck giving ratings without a stream! Be interesting to see how the lads are rated purely based on stats and live feeds! 

In all seriousness, 6 out of 6 wins for a team still yet to get past second gear only bodes well, providing they find the next gear eventually. Onto the next game, and the next round!

We'll just rate on our own agendas like we always do!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Couple of months. 

But if we keep winning I really don't give a crap lol

It'll take a significant amount of time for players to get fully used to a totally new system and mindset that Maresca is trying to and starting to employ. Some players may adapt quicker than others but what is a good sign is that we're doing enough to win and grind out games. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Scrape through the Hull game and I think it will do us some good playing against the leagues best in Norwich and Southampton regardless of the result.