Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Tranmere post match

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Montpellier fans said he was a confidence player. At one point he was a star in the making, and they thought he was going to be their next big sale, but instead he got injured and when he came back he was cagey. Had good moments, but not the confident flair player he was before. This led to him being benched rather than being a starter.

You've got to remember that signings we've made are either really raw or damaged goods. If players were that good and proven, they would be in the Premier League, not the Championship. He's damaged goods, but the hope is if we repair him, we get a good player for a really reasonable price. Harry Winks, looks exactly that, and has impressed everyone so far.

Your points are valid though. Mavididi is fast, powerful and skilful. But you see a hesitancy in him to drive at the opposition as much as I think he should do. It will be interesting to see him develop over the season. For now he's been OK and in fact quite good in some games, but you feel there's a lot more to come from him, as that price tag puts him in the top 10% of players in the division.

My expectation with him and Yunus Akgun is that at some point in the season they get on runs and start tearing it up. I think they will get a lot of chances and after a few go in will find their flow. Look at Wilfred Ndidi, he's scoring and assisting and he's hardly the player you'd have top of anyone's list to be contributing to either.

Madividi will find it a lot easier once we have more more of a threat on the right, teams are giving up space on that side to double up on him, Barnes suffered from this too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Madividi will find it a lot easier once we have more more of a threat on the right, teams are giving up space on that side to double up on him, Barnes suffered from this too.

Totally agree. Who do you concentrate on when every player is a goal threat? That's what it's like playing against the best teams in Europe. Dealt with Haaland? Oh just have to worry about KDB, Grealish, Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez, Foden... 

We are the Primark version of that!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree. Who do you concentrate on when every player is a goal threat? That's what it's like playing against the best teams in Europe. Dealt with Haaland? Oh just have to worry about KDB, Grealish, Bernardo, Gundogan, Mahrez, Foden... 

We are the Primark version of that!

100%

I think the movements of 8s and CF will get better as well.

Noticeable second half more runs in behind by Ndidi and Casadei with Vardy coming the other way, looked more fluid.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trooky said:

Would like to see Ndidi and Casadei start in midfield against Hull.

My only concern is the lack of back-ups for Doyle, Faes and Winks.

I'll be surprised if they stay fit for the whole season.

I think Ben Nelson could turn out to be good cover for our centrebacks and choudhury, whilst being a different type of player to winks, can play the position.

• Like 2