Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

EFL Cup 3rd Round Draw

35 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why do people care? 

We had our chance to win this in recent seasons - including throwing away a 1/4 final at Anfield. 

We can’t go deep in this anymore. It’s honestly a waste of time when we’ve got so many midweek games this season. 

And sadly we are not as good as we were a couple of seasons ago.  And won't be now for another 2-3 seasons if we are lucky!!

I went to the Away in Dec where their youngster should have gone off for breaking Riccy's leg we ain't a patch on that side, 6 wins in a row or not

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about the pandering to Klopp. This competition has ignored his moans on several occasions before. 

Yeh not sure where this pandering to klopp woe is me narrative is coming from. The broadcasters absolutely rule, they won’t listen to Liverpool, especially not for a meaningless milk cup match. Whatever date it’s set at will be to suit sky 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

The number of away draws we’ve had in this competition in recent years has been ridiculous. 

It does feel like absolutely loads. Just looked it up.

2023/24 - 3 out of 3

2022/23 - 3 out of 4

2021/22 - 2 out of 3

2020/21 - 0 out of 1

2019/20 - 4 out of 4 (not including the semis which is always two legs)

So in five years it's 12 out of 15, 80% of ties. This includes four trips to Merseyside, two to Newcastle and two to Burton as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

You can guarantee Klopp will use the situation to further push for the competition being scrapped. The fact him and Pep are so for that when they have 20+ internationals and elite youth set ups and there's teams in League Two getting by playing this, 46 games and the JPT is a joke. 

Would fancy it at home but not away at Anfield. Will be a great test for Enzo though and looking forward to seeing us play against top opposition.

I think lack of injuries could be key to our success this season, so I am not too bothered if we get knocked out early and can focus on our promotion push. 

46 games is pretty gruelling, and we cannot stay in the Championship too long or we will really struggle to get out of it. 

Klopp will probably play youngesters, he normally does with EPL cup, so will give us a chance. Enzo will put out his best side for this one to test what we like against a premier side. If Liverpool put out youngester I would hope we can win it, if he does and we get hammered by an under strength Liverpool team, will be a tad embarrassing 

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

Klopp will probably play youngesters, he normally does with EPL cup, so will give us a chance. Enzo will put out his best side for this one to test what we like against a premier side. If Liverpool put out youngester I would hope we can win it, if he does and we get hammered by an under strength Liverpool team, will be a tad embarrassing 

Like we did when we were actually a Premier League team and 3-1 up?

• Sad 1