Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

EFL Cup 3rd Round Draw

3 hours ago, Asha said:

It's a great draw in general, with lots of Premier League sides drawn against each other. Some big opportunities for League One and Two sides to get to the fourth round and beyond. 

Indeed, which is really the only way this competition can actually be interesting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Well, hopefully by then we’re truly settled and can give them a good go. We only proved for 20 minutes what we can play in the preseason friendly, but hopefully with a few extra signings and practise we can do ourselves proud.

We are going to be playing Blackburn probably 2 days later. We are going to have to sack this one off. Promotion far more important. 

• Like 1

Won't be a TV game in the UK as it has to be the same night as Newcastle v Man City which they'll pick. V likely to be an international live game though so there will be streams.

Man Utd v Palace for the Tuesday pick, too. Tuesday set of games will be poor as loads need to be played on Weds, so they'll plump for that I reckon.

As for scheduling the B'burn game, I doubt they'll keep it in the Friday night slot. As a very outside bet they might shunt it to Sunday at 4:30pm. No Super Sunday that time on that weekend as it's the final round of the Ryder Cup.

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Asha said:

It's a great draw in general, with lots of Premier League sides drawn against each other. Some big opportunities for League One and Two sides to get to the fourth round and beyond. 

True but I'm a little confused because i keep hearing the draw is fixed.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
37 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Won't be a TV game in the UK as it has to be the same night as Newcastle v Man City which they'll pick. V likely to be an international live game though so there will be streams.

Man Utd v Palace for the Tuesday pick, too. Tuesday set of games will be poor as loads need to be played on Weds, so they'll plump for that I reckon.

As for scheduling the B'burn game, I doubt they'll keep it in the Friday night slot. As a very outside bet they might shunt it to Sunday at 4:30pm. No Super Sunday that time on that weekend as it's the final round of the Ryder Cup.

Man Utd V Palace in the 3rd round of the EFL cup on TV is the exact reason why people lose interest in this competition.

proper football fans would rather watch 

Lincoln v West Ham

Exeter v Luton

Ipswich v Wolves 

Salford v Burnley

20 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

True but I'm a little confused because i keep hearing the draw is fixed.

Sorry mate, draw is only fixed when people want it to be fixed. Nothing in the narrative to suggest it's fixed this time though so carry on.

As soon as Man City get Sutton at home in the next round then it's definitely fixed. Definitely.

20 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Sorry mate, draw is only fixed when people want it to be fixed. Nothing in the narrative to suggest it's fixed this time though so carry on.

As soon as Man City get Sutton at home in the next round then it's definitely fixed. Definitely.

Manchester United being drawn at home for the 13th consecutive time though. Believe its that high anyway. 

In the thousands/1 if you were a betting man and that happened. 

I mean I was quite looking forward to a season of either not getting hammered or screwed over by Liverpool.

However, it will give us a good test of where we are and I am fully confident the team we have now will apply themselves and have a better mindset than what we've seen in recent years against Liverpool.

• Haha 1