Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Hull Home 2nd September

13 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Don’t think that was what relegated us, but it was an awful penalty.

We went down by one point, he kept co* up at our expense.

There were many reasons why we went down but this was right at the end of the season and a stand out moment, like the penalty miss by Maddison against Everton.

If the defending is the same as it's been then it's feasible we ship 2/3 goals in each of our next 3 matches (working on the assumption that the forwards in these teams can actually score sitters)

On the plus side, we now have much more strength going forwards so in theory we should be able to bag 4/5 as well :D

It will be interesting to see what happens with Souttar amd Daka.

Souttar was bought on  the basis that he was better than the options we had.   He was a highly regarded championship defender.   Now he's behind Vestergaard, who had become, at best, 5th choice centre-back  in the pecking order.  Personally,  I would rather he played than Vestergaard.  I guess he'll get some minutes. 

I still think Daka is potentially our best striker.   I have been amazed at the vitriol aimed at him.   I am still hoping he will come good.   I will be interested to see if he's on the bench.   He could also yet go to Turkey or Oil.   

The starting 11 is generally predictable now.   Ndidi or Cassidei?   Front three?

• Like 2

Should be

Stolarczyk  

Ricky        Faes    Vest      Doyle

Winks

Yunus    Butch      KDH         Stephy 

Kel 

(Stolarczyk ain't let a goal in yet - ok I know he's played against lesser opposition but think Enzo will play Mads ). Also think Enzo will start with Macca and Wilf. 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, majaco said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Souttar amd Daka.

Souttar was bought on  the basis that he was better than the options we had.   He was a highly regarded championship defender.   Now he's behind Vestergaard, who had become, at best, 5th choice centre-back  in the pecking order.  Personally,  I would rather he played than Vestergaard.  I guess he'll get some minutes. 

I still think Daka is potentially our best striker.   I have been amazed at the vitriol aimed at him.   I am still hoping he will come good.   I will be interested to see if he's on the bench.   He could also yet go to Turkey or Oil.   

The starting 11 is generally predictable now.   Ndidi or Cassidei?   Front three?

Souttar is deemed not good enough on the ball. If you play 3 at the back and ‘build from the back’ approach like we do, you need the CB who plays in the middle to be good on the ball. 

Vestergaard has his weaknesses but he is good on the ball and can do those vertical passes that cut through lines into the midfield and the diagonals into the channel. 

Daka is at his best when we play on the counter, him on the shoulder, running onto balls in behind. We don’t play that style under Maresca…

• Like 1

When he joined, he was considered to be at least reasonable on the ball.   

Both are players of some ability.    With coaching, they could contribute heavily.  Daka, imo, is under-estimated on here and could do well.  The system may need tweaking:  Maresca, as a coach could handle that; Daka, as a player, could handle that.

I'm inclined to think that Mavididi might by this weeks 'unpopular' winger, given that he was one of the players pulled at half-time against tranmere.  Competition for the wide births is now suddenly really strong, I wouldn't be surprised if Marcal plays there (after his brief hiatus), with mcateer or akgun on the right.  And based on this logic we might even see n'didi in for KDH and Casadei as the right side #8

I think we'll have to be better than we have been.

I know we've won 4 out of 4 but I think the league position is better than our performances.

If we play like we have been, I don't think we'll take 3 points today.

If we click, however, I can see it being 3-0 win.

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I'm inclined to think that Mavididi might by this weeks 'unpopular' winger, given that he was one of the players pulled at half-time against tranmere.  Competition for the wide births is now suddenly really strong, I wouldn't be surprised if Marcal plays there (after his brief hiatus), with mcateer or akgun on the right.  And based on this logic we might even see n'didi in for KDH and Casadei as the right side #8

I think Mcateer could play on the left as well tbf

This is a tricky game. 

Hull will come to play, and I spoke to a Hull fan last week who’s actually very, very confident they will win. I think they’re a handy side and it will be interesting to see how we fair today, against a team that seem to have the balls to come out and play. 

I think one of two things happen today, Hull will come and catch us cold, and end up racing into an early couple of goals lead, or, they will leave a lot of space for us to exploit, and be the first team we take apart. 

I still worry about Yannick, I still think that he’s diabolical, and that one day we will pay a heavy price for playing him, I just hope that we scrape through until Coady is back. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I’m still very reserved on him. I think he is the type of player who would look unreal in a casual kick about, but stick him on a pitch and he will look pretty average. Just seems to be a bit flat for me….. couple of half decent things, but overall I’m not impressed at the moment. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Souttar is deemed not good enough on the ball. If you play 3 at the back and ‘build from the back’ approach like we do, you need the CB who plays in the middle to be good on the ball. 

Vestergaard has his weaknesses but he is good on the ball and can do those vertical passes that cut through lines into the midfield and the diagonals into the channel. 

Daka is at his best when we play on the counter, him on the shoulder, running onto balls in behind. We don’t play that style under Maresca…

What's the difference betwen Daka and Cannon?

44 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

33 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think Mcateer could play on the left as well tbf

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

If the defending is the same as it's been then it's feasible we ship 2/3 goals in each of our next 3 matches (working on the assumption that the forwards in these teams can actually score sitters)

On the plus side, we now have much more strength going forwards so in theory we should be able to bag 4/5 as well :D

Think that's a exaggeration, we have conceded 3 in 4 games, our xGA is 4.7 so it not like we have massively out performed it.

Edited by coolhandfox

Anyone else think Ndidi starts today over KDH? After Tuesday night and the rumours about Dewsbury-Hall being hooked off for poor performance, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ndidi and Butch in the middle. 

Yunus and Marcel either side of Vardy I reckon too. The rest will be as you were. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think that's a exaggeration, we have conceded 3 in 4 games, our xGA is 4.7 so it not like we have massively out performed it.

Ive open goals and one on one's missed in every game.

As I say, if they're as terrible as the teams we've played then it won't happen

Were gonna get a rude awakening soon though if we continue to giftwrap clear cut chances to the oppo.

Sunderland have just managed to bag 3 first half goals from 0.39xG against Southampton lol

• Haha 1