Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Hull Home 2nd September

9 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I know before this season, we had never won our opening 4 matches. Then we made it our opening 5. Now, after Tranmere, we had never won our opening 6 matches.

Can anyone tell me though, have we ever before won our opening seven?

:ph34r:

We won the first 75 matches in the great promotion season of 1812/13 

7 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Can't help but feel he needs to go with a slight change up for this game. McAteer left, Akgun right, Casadei and KDH at 8. Consider Justin in for Vest

Mavididi won't be dropped. I suspect McAteer would play on the right and Yunus will be eased in like Casadei has been and will start on the bench with Wanya. The only real question marks are if Kelechi or Ndidi will be sold before this game and if they are will they be replaced or not. If they're not sold they will play I'd imagine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HarryDee8 said:

We got some tougher games coming up now. Hull, Southampton and Norwich. Can't see us losing, but think we might only win 1 of those

I think Maresca and Martin will be very keen to avoid a similar scoreline to Southampton's match with Norwich. I expect another 3 very tight games. I'd take a win over Hull and 2 draws.

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

We got some tougher games coming up now. Hull, Southampton and Norwich. Can't see us losing, but think we might only win 1 of those

Its going to be an unsettling week. I think we get 1 point from the 3 games before hitting our stride again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

These next 3 games will test the level we're at. I didn't think we would have started so well as we are learning a new system but have done the job despite what people think of the opposition so far. We have every chance of coming out on top of all 3 fixtures.

Lets have it.

IMG_3452.gif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I'm hoping that when we play away at Southampton and Norwich, it will actually bring out the best in us, and force us to move up in level of performance.

Certainly will be a truer test of where we are at than we've had so far.

Should help us that both won’t park 10 men behind the ball 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Should help us that both won’t park 10 men behind the ball 

...that may not be as positive as you think, we do tend to lose discipline when pressed!!!

The start of the second half for the last couple of games sees us under the cosh and we move away from the structure that we practise. I am still not sure if we are mentally stronger than the team from last season, I really hope that we are, bouncing back from adversity will be a pointer to that.

Notes from Hull highlights 

• 4-4-2 with Tufan as a striker 
  • Tufan is in very good form, reads the game very well with late runs and on the edge of 18 yard box 
  • Twine is good, likes to cut in off the left wing and use his right foot. Their front half of the pitch is really good and when it functions they can be good
  • However their defence is suspect - Traore at RW exposes his right back and Bristol C got countless chances via pressing. 
  • Greaves for Hull at LB plays very narrow, when I read he was an ex CB that explains it 
  • When they faced Norwich they went very defensive and got done. They have errors in their back four for sure as well. 
  • A real tactical battle will occur with the space Ricardo vacates and Twine being in it. 

I'll go a draw - think these have the players to punish our errors. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Next 3 could be interesting as they might not sit in as much as the other teams we've played so far. Not sure I fancy us getting into basketball games with our defence so will be interesting to see how we go into these games 

We've conceded 2 goals from open play in 6 games, 1 of which was a absolute freak that 99 out of 100 goes for a throw in. The problem is up the other end of the pitch.

41 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've conceded 2 goals from open play in 6 games, 1 of which was a absolute freak that 99 out of 100 goes for a throw in. The problem is up the other end of the pitch.

Also think we're benefitting from having a competent goalkeeper. I do think more goals will come though, only Southampton are averaging more shots on target per game than us. Just hope with the new wingers coming in we can convert more of our chances. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Also think we're benefitting from having a competent goalkeeper. I do think more goals will come though, only Southampton are averaging more shots on target per game than us. Just hope with the new wingers coming in we can convert more of our chances. 

GK is definitely helping. Most league games this season we've offered a 1:1, but either Mads has made a good save or the striker has missed. Against competent teams we're definitely going to concede.

• Like 1