Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Hull Home 2nd September

9 minutes ago, sm1 said:

GK is definitely helping. Most league games this season we've offered a 1:1, but either Mads has made a good save or the striker has missed. Against competent teams we're definitely going to concede.

On the flip side, when we face competent teams they won't just sit extremely deep and try to counter. They'll try and play, which will leave more space for even more chances for us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've conceded 2 goals from open play in 6 games, 1 of which was a absolute freak that 99 out of 100 goes for a throw in. The problem is up the other end of the pitch.

Yes but we have been conceding a fair few chances and have been fortunate that you don't get punished as much in this league as the strikers are crap. Will be interesting to see if we gift the same amount of chances in the next 3 games and whether they will take them. 

• Like 1

I know the highlights available on YouTube aren’t the greatest gauge to judge a match by  but, having watched Hulls last two,  if we think we’ve been a little fortunate this season it’s nothing compared to them.  They’ve had no end go their way.  

Not sure this has been mentioned anywhere in the thread but it’s Leicester pride Saturday in abbey park.. I ain’t familiar with where that is.. does anyone know of any planned road closures around the city centre and train station. I can imagine it’ll be busy so I’m leaving earlier 

10 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Not sure this has been mentioned anywhere in the thread but it’s Leicester pride Saturday in abbey park.. I ain’t familiar with where that is.. does anyone know of any planned road closures around the city centre and train station. I can imagine it’ll be busy so I’m leaving earlier 

This gives a list of which streets it goes along on the way to abbey park. Doesn't say of any closures.

https://news.leicester.gov.uk/news-articles/2023/august/leicester-pride-parade-to-take-to-city-s-streets-this-weekend/

On 30/08/2023 at 02:19, CPepFox said:

Bring a noob/newb I shall refrain from comment for concern of perm ban... but will follow to see for whom the death knell tolls...

Ask not for whom the....death knell.....tolls oh noob, it tolls for...etc etc..

Oh and do try to use the right words (in the right places), when posting, we on FT are paragons of the English language and rarely if ever make grammatical fo pars..🫥

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Just found this, rolling road closures all day around the top end by the station to the hay market? :nono: I usually park at the train station

IMG_2450.png

I think you’ll be fine mate. The closures will reopen once the parade passes through and as long as you avoid a very small patch of Burleys Flyover then I doubt you’d even see any of the parade causing you a problem.

• Thanks 1