Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas loaned to Sheff Utd

1 minute ago, Ryy said:

Thomas: “From the beginning of the window I've been looking to get out”

Ngl Luke pal I’ve wanted you out for the last 2 years 

I can understand him wanting to be at the highest league possible, but mentioning it in every answer to questions was not it. 

Some of these lads need to remember why they’re ‘looking to get out’ in the first place. The lack of accountability is quite simply astonishing.

• Like 3

As per his interview, he wants to go play premier league football, of which we were reminded every 2 minutes.

As he's from Leicester, been brought up via academy and was part of premier league relegated team. You would think this would be his opportunity to establish himself as a first teamer and get his boyhood team back up to premier League. 

Even said soon as window opened he wanted to look for premier league football. He either threw his toys out of pram or Enzo didn't rate him. Presumably both.

Best of luck to him... But Is he good enough for premier league.. absolutely not. 

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 4

I can't see this move doing his much for his confidence. 

They will probably get hammered most weeks & be relegated. 

Then again, not being involved with us can't be great either, but he needs game time somewhere. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

He said “looking to get out to get some game time” but some people choose to listen to only the parts they want to share. 

Hmm fair enough, but at the start of the window we had no manager and he didn't know what kind of system we'd be playing, so how did he know he wouldn't be first choice in a flat back 4 for example? 

Not too fussed, don't really care about anyone that isn't up for the fight this season and it sounds like he very much wasn't.

Part of the side that survived the initial onslaught from Chelsea on Cup Final Day and helped us keep a clean sheet and didn't look out of depth or overwhelmed by the occasion at what 19 or so, will always have my appreciation for that. I think his ability level is neither here nor there in this decision, if Maresca isn't using that kind of full back, one that can't tuck in as a CB, then it's pointless having him stay unless there is a strong belief from both parties that he can be moulded into that kind of player. I believe as a home-grown player he doesn't take up a squad place but he takes a salary and is at a crucial stage of his career development, would he really want to stick around to essentially re-learn positioning (and bulk up) until he's suitably ready to be in contention. I can't see him ever being that type so as others are saying we're backing Maresca's model, with the expectation he'll be around a while.   

• Like 1

So what if he was looking for another club? 

He's a young footballer who wants to play at the highest level, it was probably obvious to him early on he wasn't going to get many opportunities under our current manager. 

Luke will go on to have a good career IMO. Good luck to him. 

Concerned that we're not hearing any noise regarding anyone coming in to replace Thomas & Kristiansen. Doyle's role is very specific in that he's a wide centre back but is required to defend on the left of a back 4 off the ball and the only senior player I think can also do this is Justin, although his passing isn't as penetrative and he's injury prone so one bad injury to Doyle and we're ****ed. Same goes for the other full back position as Justin is also backup for Ricardo's role.

Seems incredibly risky to go into the season basically relying on no injuries when Seagrave is famously cursed.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hmm fair enough, but at the start of the window we had no manager and he didn't know what kind of system we'd be playing, so how did he know he wouldn't be first choice in a flat back 4 for example? 

Not too fussed, don't really care about anyone that isn't up for the fight this season and it sounds like he very much wasn't.

He was away with England, doesn’t fit into enzos current plans which he has openly stated and Luke needs and wants to play games so as soon as it was clear he would get limited game time then rather than sitting on the bench or not making the squad he wanted to go out on loan  you can’t hammer him for wanting to play football. 

He’s still contracted to Leicester for a number of years despite what transfer market and the press say. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

He was away with England, doesn’t fit into enzos current plans which he has openly stated and Luke needs and wants to play games so as soon as it was clear he would get limited game time then rather than sitting on the bench or not making the squad he wanted to go out on loan  you can’t hammer him for wanting to play football. 

He’s still contracted to Leicester for a number of years despite what transfer market and the press say. 

People will, and it will be the same people who hammered Vesty for not leaving last season to get game time.

Players can't win. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

People will, and it will be the same people who hammered Vesty for not leaving last season to get game time.

Players can't win. 

I know. 

I see a different side of it now and if I’m honest it’s made me fall out of love with football and to some degree Leicester too. 

It’s a win win situation for the club, he’s under contract so if he does well he can either come back or sell him. If it doesn’t go as well as hoped he still plays and develops for another year with another club picking up the wage. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

Concerned that we're not hearing any noise regarding anyone coming in to replace Thomas & Kristiansen. Doyle's role is very specific in that he's a wide centre back but is required to defend on the left of a back 4 off the ball and the only senior player I think can also do this is Justin, although his passing isn't as penetrative and he's injury prone so one bad injury to Doyle and we're ****ed. Same goes for the other full back position as Justin is also backup for Ricardo's role.

Seems incredibly risky to go into the season basically relying on no injuries when Seagrave is famously cursed.

Don’t worry.

Charlie Taylor from Burnley incoming :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Any reason why they need to be left footed? Justin played their most of his career and has quite frankly shown far more than Luke ever has in that position. 

Left footed for balance across the pitch. Also when was the last time Justin showed any sort of half decent form and sustained fitness? Our entire full back cover now rests on a loanee and two players that are susceptible to serious injuries. 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Don’t worry.

Charlie Taylor from Burnley incoming :ph34r:

Wouldn't be against that tbf, was thinking last night who could play LB/LCB hybrid and only him and Jacob Greaves popped into my head and he'd definitely be happier being a backup option and is more experienced.

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Thomas: “From the beginning of the window I've been looking to get out”

Ngl Luke pal I’ve wanted you out for the last 2 years 

Cheeky git! Must have missed his little crew at the club. 

Edited by StanSP