Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas loaned to Sheff Utd

42 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

He was away with England, doesn’t fit into enzos current plans which he has openly stated and Luke needs and wants to play games so as soon as it was clear he would get limited game time then rather than sitting on the bench or not making the squad he wanted to go out on loan  you can’t hammer him for wanting to play football. 

He’s still contracted to Leicester for a number of years despite what transfer market and the press say. 

I'm not "hammering him" for wanting to play, but like I say, why was he wanting out from the start of the window, when nothing was confirmed in terms of the system or the manager? Being away with England doesn't change that. 

46 minutes ago, Dames said:

Left footed for balance across the pitch. Also when was the last time Justin showed any sort of half decent form and sustained fitness? Our entire full back cover now rests on a loanee and two players that are susceptible to serious injuries. 

But we don't play traditional full backs.

• Like 1

I thought he showed signs of improvement towards the end of last season and I wouldn't write him off just yet. Every now and again he'd do something which made me think he was a proper player, but unfortunately there were lots of mistakes in there too. Certainly saw more potential there than with Kristiansen and would like to see him have a good season in the PL

BuT tHoMaS iS a LeAgUe TwO pLaYer

Good luck to him. I hope he makes the left back spot his own and helps keep them up so he can get a permanent move there as doubtful they’ll afford to buy him if they come down.

I’m sure he’ll find a home there with good fans who will get behind him. 

• Haha 1

When we got relegated, I thought the silver lining was that we'd build a solid team around our younger players. Thomas, Iversen, KDH, Daka... How wrong I was. I'm intruiged by this signing. I thought a year in the championship would be perfect for him, but I guess he doesn't suit our plans particularly. Hope he does well 

Wow! 

Six months ago I’d have thought that he’s not good enough and needs a loan to the Championship. Now we’re in the Championship and we’re loaning him to the Premier League. Bizarre!

He was a liability towards the end of last season - even considering the relative poor form of almost every member of the playing squad 

Keep seeing people talk about 'abuse' that he's getting etc. Most of it is just criticism, not abuse?

And someone just above talking about Sheff Utd having good fans that will get behind him, basically implying that we don't, he's had a lot of leeway because he's an academy lad, a lot more than others have got.

Anyway goodluck to the lad hope he has a decent spell there.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Keep seeing people talk about 'abuse' that he's getting etc. Most of it is just criticism, not abuse?

And someone just above talking about Sheff Utd having good fans that will get behind him, basically implying that we don't, he's had a lot of leeway because he's an academy lad, a lot more than others have got.

Anyway goodluck to the lad hope he has a decent spell there.

Agree with this entirely. 

I think LT has been given a much easier ride than many others due to his route into the side. 

Last season he was a poor player in a poor side. That's not abuse it's just a statement driven from observation. 

I'd actually have wanted to keep him in the squad - purely because he's young and might have future potential. I also thought it might be good for him to test himself at a level that might be more commensurate with his current ability. 

Anyway, I hope he succeeds, as that would mean he'll either come back a better player or inflate his fee for a future sale. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Good luck to him , hopefully comes back a better player, and we swap places with them.

It’s a well known pathway. If you want to make someone a better player, loan them to the hot bed of football development that is Sheffield United. 

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Trust me mate only need 1 account on foxestalk, I spent far too much on here as it is. Although my sister does live in Ealing... 

I thought perhaps you'd made multiple accounts for the Pearson rimming threads :whistle:

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

He needs to bulk out to be conisdered any good. Hopefully they have a decent bench press at the training ground. 

Get him down Moor Market food court. Shepherds Pie drowned in Hendos. He'll be 30 stone by Christmas.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

BuT tHoMaS iS a LeAgUe TwO pLaYer

Good luck to him. I hope he makes the left back spot his own and helps keep them up so he can get a permanent move there as doubtful they’ll afford to buy him if they come down.

I’m sure he’ll find a home there with good fans who will get behind him. 

He’s on loan to a club that will almost certainly drop back down, we’ll see where he is in 5 years time