Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Luke Thomas loaned to Sheff Utd

43 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He’s on loan to a club that will almost certainly drop back down, we’ll see where he is in 5 years time 

Sorry I’m not sure what point you are making? I simply said I hope he can help keep them up as they are more likely to sign him permanently and for him to find a home there than if they come down. 

I never said they are going to get into Europe and he’ll be a CL player or anything :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

@LCFCJohnWe wont get much for him and neither would Sheff U have deep enough pockets if they get relegated, its better he comes back as a more developed player and Maresca can integrate him into our 24/25 squad in the Prem.

Hence why I hope they stay up so they do have deep enough pockets.

Ultimately what I want for him and his future is a move permanently away from us. That’s what is best for his career.

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Hence why I hope they stay up so they do have deep enough pockets.

Ultimately what I want for him and his future is a move permanently away from us. That’s what is best for his career.

Hmm, I guess it really comes down to how he performs during his loan and also our squad situation next year.

9 hours ago, Iran said:

He sounds like every sentence is requiring immense brainpower just to be able to answer a question. Not the sharpest tool in the box.

As a player he’ll grind out a lower Premier League/upper Championship career. Feels very much like Mattock leaving when we got relegated to League One that although he’s got a move upwards I’d still back the club to be playing at a higher level than him consistently over the next decade.

He’s a bit belonging to the wrong era. If it was the era where full backs didn’t have to deliver so much going forward he’d be fine, but he doesn’t have enough offensively at the moment to make it at the very top levels.

6 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He sounds like every sentence is requiring immense brainpower just to be able to answer a question. Not the sharpest tool in the box.

As a player he’ll grind out a lower Premier League/upper Championship career. Feels very much like Mattock leaving when we got relegated to League One that although he’s got a move upwards I’d still back the club to be playing at a higher level than him consistently over the next decade.

He’s a bit belonging to the wrong era. If it was the era where full backs didn’t have to deliver so much going forward he’d be fine, but he doesn’t have enough offensively at the moment to make it at the very top levels.

Mattock played in League One, his move albeit to a better club at the time was sideways division wise.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

But it’s not a good point as we don’t have use for a bang average traditional full back. 

But we may need him in the future. This is a great move for him. Continue to gain experience and premier league at that. He is still a young lad and will keep improving. Good luck to him. 

I wish him no ill, but I can’t believe anyone on here, having watched him 80 odd times, thinks he’s going there to improve to then come back and play for us again in the Premier League. He’s absolutely nowhere near the level we need, whether we are in this division, or the Premier League. He’s a better left back than wing back for sure. However, his lack of strength, height, confidence and positional awareness often let us down badly no matter where he played. 

He’s 22, not 18. Not a ‘young player needing to develop’ . Isn’t good enough now and probably won’t ever be in my opinion. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

But it’s not a good point as we don’t have use for a bang average traditional full back. 

Okay so if/when Justin and Ricardo get injured because neither of them are lasting a full 46 game season, who do we play there? If we are really unlucky as we have been in the past and Doyle is out too then who plays in the full back positions because when we are defending we still need them. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All the best Luke, solid player for us during 2020/21 and finishing 5th and winning the FA Cup. Was our most consistent player in the 1st half of 2021/22 IMO but then since then his impact diminished and I hope this loan spell kick starts his career, whether thst be back with us or elsewhere.

Decent lad, a credit to our academy and part of history. Some of the stuff I've read in this thread disgusts me if I'm honest, that said I'm a fine one to talk with some of the muck I dish out about players. 

Agree. Don’t get the OTT abuse for the players that have left. 

Hope Thomas does well. 

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Agree. Don’t get the OTT abuse for the players that have left. 

Hope Thomas does well. 

It’s simple. Got us relegated and not stuck around to face the consequences. 

• Haha 2

Very strange one with Thomas. He was part of that FA Cup side and did so well to stand in for injuries when we finished 5th. England u21 Euros winner. All that on paper sounds incredible. 

I also think some of those performances the seasons after were that bad that if he hadn't been part of that team previous, we probably wouldn't have seen him play for us ever again. 

For the likes of Forest to target him again and again (with no help from tactical genius Brendan) was absolutely awful to watch. He had some games where he looked so far out his depth it was untrue. 

So I still don't know where his level is at. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KFS said:

It’s simple. Got us relegated and not stuck around to face the consequences. 

Thomas and VK haven't done that. They haven't been made part of the plans because of the tactical approach. Enzo made that quite clear. No one would see Sheffield United (albeit in Prem for now) on loan, or Leeds, as a definite step up they need to push for if he was a regular here. He went and got Doyle and said neither Thomas nor VK can play those roles.

• Like 2

He is not as bad as you might think. When he first came on to the scene, I thought his attacking play and crosses were decent. He linked up well with Barnes and KDH. Then he quickly got Rodgered and turned into a conservative full back who rarely got up to the final h third. There is much more to him attacking wise than he has shown. When Smith came in, Thomas played better. He has more to develop.

• Like 2