Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

Guest Sideshow Faes
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Very exciting talent. Could tell after HT we were hitting him more often 

Players should've recognised first half that he had the LB on toast. First half we kept going to Mavididi who didn't have a great game by comparison 

6 minutes ago, lanefox said:

This will go unnoticed but for the type of player he is he does his fair share of defensive work, special player

He’s won the ball back a few times now in our final third. Stuff like that can be priceless. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

My favourite bit was when he recognised that run down their left and sprinted back with the Bristol player and shepherded it out for a goalkick. Love that.

That was brilliant! Not wanting to be critical of ex players but I said to my son 'you wouldn't see barnes doing that!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One thing that’s impressed me is how two footed he seems to be. Inverted wingers can sometimes get a bit predictable as they always want to cut in and shoot. This guy seems equally as happy going outside and putting a cross in with his right. Really looking forward to seeing how he develops this season!

• Like 2

What a talent, everytime he had the ball there was a buzz in the crowd, he is so direct and skillful and he is always trying to make things happen. Also love how hard he works out of possession too, I know we are at a totally different level to where we were but I ain’t missing any of the players we have moved on or lost from last season, this squad and management team are a breath of fresh air and love it. 

This lad will bag goals and assists for fun this season. It’s insane when you look at the wide options we know have, embarrassment of riches, but I think Fatawu could be the ace in the pack 

So excited by this lad. Looks a real talent. And what's great about him is that he's also a team player. Would be great to get both him and McAteer in from the start. Maybe we could try a front 3 of Fatawu on the right, McAteer on the left and Mavidi down the centre. Pretty sure that Mavidi has played there previously. Reckon those 3 together would be total chaos!

Edited by Sunbury Fox

18 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I know he should have assists to his name alrady

Does anyone have any stats on chances/ big chances created?

3rd for us and 35th in the league for expected assists

However he is 1st for us and 7th in the league for expected assists per 90

2nd for us and 10th in the league for big chances created

image.png.1b7937b036c06a00bcc47f2e28b5fc63.png

image.png.276e1257ce7c86a59da4d4e3ad75cbe1.png

image.png.0b139ffc30ba35693a70cb18b2c432da.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

3rd for us and 35th in the league for expected assists

However he is 1st for us and 7th in the league for expected assists per 90

2nd for us and 10th in the league for big chances created

image.png.1b7937b036c06a00bcc47f2e28b5fc63.png

image.png.276e1257ce7c86a59da4d4e3ad75cbe1.png

image.png.0b139ffc30ba35693a70cb18b2c432da.png

Thank you…. That’s really insightful….

It’s probably a little heroic to jump to too many conclusions on relatively few mins played, but he’s clearly creating things for us that will start to be put away if he continues in the same vain…

The eye tells me he is a huge talent…. The stats should follow 

52 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So excited by this lad. Looks a real talent. And what's great about him is that he's also a team player. Would be great to get both him and McAteer in from the start. Maybe we could try a front 3 of Fatuwu on the right, McAteer on the left and Mavidi down the centre. Pretty sure that Mavidi has played there previously. Reckon those 3 together would be total chaos!

Think you’d go McAteer central of these 3.

I said when we signed him that Sporting for all the high profile massive fees they've got for players who've flopped like Slimani and Silva, they also flog very promising youngsters for bargain fees once the loan option is exercised.

Did the same with Matheus Pereira at West Brom.

• Like 1